cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

agthornton007

Out of breath

i am almost 2 months cigarette free. Why am i suddenly out of breath and feel like I have a chest infection? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Please go to your Doctor. There could be residual tar that is clearing from your lungs. There is also the fact that Sickerettes have cough suppressants as ingredients to cover up the cough. But another possibility that you need to rule out is lung damage. You can do that by taking a Spirometry Test. This test is very affordable and noninvasive. It works something like a drunk driving test in that you breathe into a tube as fast and hard as you can. Often people who are smoking don't notice the damage until lung damage has progressed a lot. But when you quit as part of quitting you pay more attention to your body. 

JACKIE1-25-15

I would take a visit to the doctor to find out what is going on. It could be so many things.  I would not want to guess.  I body goes through detoxification but out of breath I am not sure. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I will make this three out of three votes to see your doctor.  After two months I am not thinking that this is quit related.

Please keep us updated!

Nancy

0 Kudos
elvan

Make it FOUR, PLEASE see your doctor as soon as possible.  You need this checked out.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi agthornton007‌.

Dr. Hays can't respond to provide individual medical advice. We do support others' recommendations to see your health care provider. Please keep us updated on how you are.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good topic! Moved to https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations?sr=search&searchId=35279e89-d7dc-4147-962...‌ for more visibility.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Smoking would make it worse.

0 Kudos