cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

beccalynn35

New here. Just trying to get support for my quit

I chose March 13th to be my quitdate. I've tried quitting like 5 times in the last month but cave around the 4th day, always in the evening time. 

I am on disability but do clean a couple houses a week during the day, in the evening I'm tired and bored with a lot of anxiety.

If the evenings were as easy as the mornings and day time I'd have it made ( not that they are easy, but my attitude about not smoking is better).

I am bipolar, with an anxiety disorder and ptsd. So I feel like this screws me up too

I also don't have much real life support, no friends to call who get it. My partner smokes but she does so away from me. Only smokes outside or in her office. If I smoke this is also where I smoke but avoid these areas when I quit. 

Any, all advice is welcome. Also, I don't know if you can get friends here or if not, but if so I would love some

Going to write down everytime I smoke starting tomorrow with what is triggering me. 

Sorry for the book lol

31 Replies

Hi there beccalynn! Welcome! You came to the right place. I highly recommend the Allen car book, Easyway. Someone will be along to give you the link.

0 Kudos
beccalynn35

I've read his book, it was helpful in the way I think about addiction now, and I think my attitude during day is from reading it, just in the evenings I lose his way. 

0 Kudos
shashort

Hi Beccalyn and welcome to the community.  Congratulaions on setting your quit date , that is a big first  step to this journey.  Kristen gave you your 1st reading assignment which is good place to start and like she said others will join in soon to help start preparing for your big day.  Good idea to start tracking your smoking and reason why you light up so you know what your trigggers are.  Also good idea to write list of reasons why you want to quit and keep that list close.  You will learn lots of things to help you quit an how to educate yourself about qutting smoking.  Oh yea answer to your question about friendship is heck yes lots of great people ready to take your hand in friendship and eager to help you quit. Ready, set,lets get you ready to kick Nicodemon dude butt.

bonniebee

sayings welcome with a pot of flowers.gifHi you will have plenty of friends here just stick around ! You must make a commitment to quit no matter what !!! You can't smoke them at night if you don't have any so get rid of that temptation . Set a quit date and then let this be one of your motto's N.O.P.E.= Not one puff ever ! 

Many friends will be giving you support come here often especially at night if you are having a hard time share your feelings with us but you must do the work .

What is your quit plan ? Are you using the patch or any other NRT? You are in the right place I smoked for 52 years and now I am 2 years free of smoking and all nicotine . You can be free too !

Welcome BeccaLynn!

You will have lots of Friends here! What is it about evenings that tempts you? https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/73969-pay-attention?sr=search&searchId=fa08ba9f-c41f-44ee...‌! Really think about your habits and Addiction. Then set it up on Quit Day to make that very hard! Throw out your ashtrays, lighters, matches, Sickerettes - the whole nine yards! Clean out your house and your car!That will keep you busy in the evenings! Many triggers are related to HALT Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired! Think about it! 

Read The Easy Way

Quitsmokingonline.com

WhyQuit.com

and here, of course!

Hang out with us! We're glad to show you the way!

c2q

Hi beccalynn35‌, welcome to EX. If you can make 4 days without smoking, you can make 5. Then you can think about day 6. You may quit for the rest of your life (and there will be more life if you quit), but first you have to quit in the moment. It will take you a while to get over the urges and to find new habits to replace smoking. You already know that, you're ready for that. Keep doing everything you can think of to prepare yourself, and you will be fine. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Pati

JACKIE1-25-15

You have come to the right place for a new day and a rebirth.  This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be smokefree.

Start First, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction.  Education is the key to a successful quit.

Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links      http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

Also Read   Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.       

The link is here:  http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Go to  How to Quit Smoking | Steps to Successfully Quit Smoking: BecomeAnEX tab and get started. We will support you. You are in your journey for freedom.

Jennifer-Quit

Hello and Welcome!  Here is a link that might help a bit.  Congratulation on making the decision!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Jennifer_Quit_05-01-14-blog/2017/01/26/freedom