cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

diamond01

Feeling Good

Well, it has been 54 days now, I made it out of no mans land so far, thought I was going to die, but I made it. Today I was able to smell smoke, my daughter came over, and she still smokes, but is giving it up for lent, so I got on my site, and was reading about everyone that posted, and I was fine. I just want to thank everyone on here for all your posts, and that we are all becoming family. I just love coming here I always feel like a new person when I get off. Helen. 

4 Replies
Mandolinrain

I love the name Helen, it was my dear grandmothers name. Anyway, congrats to you! Sounds like you are doing super...

one of our sons and his wife both were still smoking when I quit. They have since quit also now but I recall them coming over and stepping out on the patio to smoke. I remember how they stunk when they came in. ...it lingered on them. Was another reminder for me why I had quit. I too would plug into this site whenever I needed to for extra encouragement to keep my quit. Sometimes I would spend what seemed like hours just reading blogs.

nice quit ya got going , proud of you!

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

So happy to hear you are having good days lately, it is such a relief.  Things do get challenging some days, they still do no matter how far in the recovery you are, but please remember: craves never killed anyone, look at your piece of art, and ride the wave, practice deep breathing and you will get through it.

Another thing (and if I already told you that please forgive me), is to try to plan some of the free time you are getting by not smoking: maybe start going to movies, or take a yoga class, knitting class, or any other social activity, or if you prefer having time by yourself, some of us purchased coloring books for adults and started doing that.  Please do not forget relaxation and meditation, walking, or any other activity meant to clear your mind.

So happy to hear you are doing well, congratulations on 54 days, things are only getting better from now!!!

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations on your growing quit, remember that No Man's Land lasts until around 130 days so you may still have some surprise craves pop out of nowhere.  You are doing great!  I have a son who smokes and when he comes inside after smoking, the smell is terrible.  I was in his cafe last week and I kept smelling really stale smoke and realized it was coming from his jacket that was hanging on a hook near me.  YUCK!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Lookin' good, soundin' good!  Stay good!

0 Kudos