cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Should I wear the patch to bed?

I recently broke up with a boyfriend about 3 months ago and I still have pretty vivid dreams about him. I am worried that if I wear the patch to bed my dreams will get even worse, and yet at the same time I am worried if I don't wear the patch I will wake up craving a cig.... what to do?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Wearing it when you sleep can cause vivid dreams.  I worn mine at night because I was in the habit of waking up and smoking during the night-ugh. Do what works for you.  Best wishes!

0 Kudos

As Jennifer said, wearing the patch at night can cause very vivid dreams. They certainly did for me! But I wore them 24/7 because I would get up 2 or 3 times during the night to smoke. Yuck!

0 Kudos

same here, I wore mine 24/7.  You can try it one night and see how it goes.  I slept extremely sound when I was on the patch

0 Kudos

Wow, sounds promising. I hope that is the case.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You should probably try it at night to see if you get uncomfortable dreams.  If not - don't worry about.  If so, decide if you can put up with them - and make your decision from your own reaction.  Everybody is different.  You might find you feel you need it for the first week or so, even with the dreams, and then become confident enough to try it without one.

Nancy

0 Kudos

I think I might do just that. Also I figured I'm used to bad dreams as it is... so. What's the difference.. It will be worth it in the end if the patch helps me kick this habit!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
bootz_78

I decided to not where the patch at night and didn't have issues. 

0 Kudos
elvan

I never used the patch but my daughter did and she has been quit for over a year now.  She had to take it off at night because of the dreams, she said they were vivid and disturbing.  She always used to smoke when she first got up but instead of lighting up, she put the patch on when she woke up.  She said it worked for her.  I agree with all of the others, it seems to be an individual thing.  Congratulations on your quit!  It is the beginning of a wonderful journey.

Ellen

0 Kudos

Thanks Ellen

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos