cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Might The Old Messages Migrate?

Jump to solution

I only see ones from 4 weeks ago.

There appears to be no way to organize by member or any way to organize messages at all that I can see.

Enlighten me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't have a date on when they'll be migrated.  There are some technical limitations right now that are preventing it. As soon as those bugs are fixed we should be able to proceed with migrating the messages along with the Message Board Comments as Status Updates.

As for organizing them.  You can filter by a user and search all content inside a direct message using the Magnifying glass. This somewhat makes folders obsolete.  Private/Direct Messaging is supposed to be minimally used anyway.  Online communities are intended to have public discussions and minimize closed door discussions so that as many people as possible are benefitting from responses provided.  I don't see much organization ever being added to back to direct messages.  Previously there were some organization options for private messages but they went away when they switched to direct messaging, which allowed group messaging and enabled search within private messages.  There were probably some other things that happened at the same time but that was years ago now so I can't recall.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you mean private messages?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Yes. At one point you mentioned they had not migrated yet.

0 Kudos

I don't have a date on when they'll be migrated.  There are some technical limitations right now that are preventing it. As soon as those bugs are fixed we should be able to proceed with migrating the messages along with the Message Board Comments as Status Updates.

As for organizing them.  You can filter by a user and search all content inside a direct message using the Magnifying glass. This somewhat makes folders obsolete.  Private/Direct Messaging is supposed to be minimally used anyway.  Online communities are intended to have public discussions and minimize closed door discussions so that as many people as possible are benefitting from responses provided.  I don't see much organization ever being added to back to direct messages.  Previously there were some organization options for private messages but they went away when they switched to direct messaging, which allowed group messaging and enabled search within private messages.  There were probably some other things that happened at the same time but that was years ago now so I can't recall.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos