cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

How Are You Feeling?

I feel like doo-doo! But I'm going to work and I will probably put in at least 15,000 steps. 

Do you have a fitbit gizmo? Mine was real affordable - it's called Garmin. They're important because walking is important exercise for COPD. So is Yoga and Tai chi. Pilates is good if you can do it! I think it's a lot more challenging but with the right trainer you can amaze yourself! But most of us can walk - and we need to! 

Make a promise to yourself that you will do some extra walking today. If you have a fitbit gizmo try adding an extra 2000 steps to your goal. I'll bet you can do it!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
13 Replies
MarilynH

I don't have a fitbit gizmo but it's a sunshiny day at 25 degrees right now but it's warming up and you motivated me to get out for a walk later on this morning, I was in a funk feeling like crap yesterday so instead of the self pity mode that I was in, I got outside in the fresh air which picked my mood right up so thanks Thomas and enjoy your day my friend and fellow Exer and of course we're going to continue to reap the benefits of Ex Smokers!

AbasKid

Good morning to you! I will jump in here even though I am not the one with COPD, my partner is. He accesses health care through the VA, so right there that tells you we need to do a lot of research and advocating for him!

He finally got approval, after several years, for pulmonary rehab. at the hospital where I worked for many years. I know the people and the program....The VA was trying to send him a couple of times a month about 70 miles from home. He did finally get in to my hospital and only now drives 26 miles. When he completed his rehab, he was able to sign up for exercise.

We could join an in-town health club, but I feel so much better with him exercising under the supervision of trained cardio/pulmonary staff. He can't really walk too much any more, but he does do what he can and, this, I think is keeping him still functioning. We got his blood sugar levels under control and this has helped as well.

Keep up the good work!

Hugs & Blessings

Sara

elvan

Hope you feel better and get your steps in today, Thomas.  I don't have a fit bit but I worked yesterday and I suspect I got A LOT of steps in, I collapsed when I got home and that was it.  I am taking it slow today because I have no choice.  I hate the shortness of breath but I hate the fatigue much more and it is my constant companion.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I have a Fitbit and LOVE it (not so much with this sprained ankle that seems to be taking FOREVER to heal - THAT just makes me feel guilty!!)

When I am well, I must admit to marching in place while I wash my face and brush my teeth at night to get to my goal!

Hope you feel un-doo-doo as the day goes on!

Nancy

bonniebee

me (2).JPGHi Thomas This blog was right on time for me  ! I have been lazy lately ,I am definitely a summer lover and the winter cold  snow and ice make me want to just stay in and be cozy ! I was just thinking about how I should get off of this computer and get outside for my walk !

I have managed my weight pretty well for the past 2 years and walking is a huge part of  My program !  Any newbies here worried about weight gain take heed to this blog walking really does help to keep your weight down and your spirits Up !

Thanks Thomas you have inspired me once again  !!!  See ya  later here I go a 'walking !

Giulia

You wock.  That's rock with a lisssp.

bonniebee

You wock too !

0 Kudos

My employer gave us the Fitbit Alta. I hardly ever never reach my daily goal but will get there someday.

Meanwhile I'm gonna keep on keepin on,

M n @

YoungAtHeart

Then lower your goal?

"-)