Posamari

Truckin' like the doodah man.....

Discussion created by Posamari on Feb 19, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 by Posamari

As I tip toe through NML, one thing I miss and have avoided is driving more than an hour or so at a time. When I smoked, it was nothing for me to hop in the car and drive several hours if I had the time. I love to travel but now have kind of nipped it a bit. I have no problem jumping on a plane but driving is a whole different beast. I live in Los Angeles county and am fortunate to be within 2-6 hours of some very cool and beautiful areas. San Diego, Mammoth, Joshua Tree, Yosemite, Santa Barbara, Ojai, Big Sur, Santa Cruz, Las Vegas, the list goes on. San Diego area was my second home, haven't been there in at least 6 months, I miss it.  My youngest daughter works and lives in Yosemite National Park- 5 hours from me. I need to plan a trip but  California freeways can be extremely stressful. My passengers were always music and a pack of cigs to help me navigate through the craziness and keep me company. I need to just bite the bullet and plan a weekend road trip. Smoke free this time. Silly, but it kind of scares me. Will I be totally stressed out driving, especially if I'm in traffic jam? Will I allow myself to have a nice time? Will I be a bundle of nerves? Am I just a wimp?!

Should I wait until I'm free and clear of NML?

Anyone else avoiding long distance car trips? 

Outcomes