cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost 2 large content posting attempts

Jump to solution

What happened to the autosave feature?  Does it work in one place and not another like the videos do?

I saved a third one as a draft but I don't see any way to publish it. It shows but there is no publish button.

UPDATE: You can open the draft with the edit feature and there is then a publish button at the bottom.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not all content is auto saved.  For example private/direct messages are not saved as they're not intended to be long.  

If your session times times out then it will not post. You would have to log back in and then go to drafts and publish.  A draft and auto recover are different.  The auto recover will only come up if you go to repeat an action (Start a discussion/question/document or comment on a specific blog, discussion, document etc) and an auto save has occurred.  If you're going back to do something specific it is smart and thinks you want to resume.  You can choose to or remove it.  Kind of like if Microsoft Office shuts down unexpectedly it asks if you want to restore the recovered file. 

Mark

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Bummer! I hate when that happens! I hope you work it out!

0 Kudos

I was able to post the third one from drafts by opening editing and then there was a publish button.

0 Kudos

Try to create a new one, and start typing the same title; the system might bring up your saved prior content.

0 Kudos

I would email Mark‌, he might have a solution to recover them.

0 Kudos
elvan

Uh oh, I thought we were over the time out thing...that is frustrating.

0 Kudos

Not all content is auto saved.  For example private/direct messages are not saved as they're not intended to be long.  

If your session times times out then it will not post. You would have to log back in and then go to drafts and publish.  A draft and auto recover are different.  The auto recover will only come up if you go to repeat an action (Start a discussion/question/document or comment on a specific blog, discussion, document etc) and an auto save has occurred.  If you're going back to do something specific it is smart and thinks you want to resume.  You can choose to or remove it.  Kind of like if Microsoft Office shuts down unexpectedly it asks if you want to restore the recovered file. 

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you ask a question,  please make sure the subject is your question so the question and also the answer is easy for others to search for.  

Matk

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

It just seems like functions change? Some days when I am writing a post a notification will pop up that what I wrote has been autosaved whether I've requested it to or not but that seems to have ceased.

0 Kudos