cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

diamond01

46 Days Quit is like a roller coaster

Hi Mark, right now I can't stop crying, I think it has been 46 days I am like a roller coaster, I feel like I am going to break, I do need so help. Helen. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Oh, dear!  Crying is OK - smoking isn't.  We hid from our emotions for so long when we smoked that a lot of stuff we SHOULD have dealt with was not.  The roller coaster emotions (and yes, crying) is a normal part of the withdrawal process.  Don't let it scare you.  You will be fine.  It's just another step in your recovery from addiction.

Get outside - go for a walk - take a relaxing bath - call a friend - sing out loud to "Red Rubber Ball" -  get a pedi - go window shopping on Etsy (you have 46 days of cigarette buying saved - so treat yourself!)

Just don't smoke - this is a necessary step.....hang in there - it gets better soon - I promise!

Nancy

diamond01

Thanks for getting back with me, I am just crying, and crying, It is just pouring out of me like someone died, I don't know what to do, sorry had to blow my nose, lol. I know I won't smoke but I don't know how to deal with this so I will be on the couch and check back later to see if you can keep me going, Thanks You so much for the help, it is like someone turned the water on and I cant't stop. Helen.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Just get through it any way you can.  Hang in there - tears release feel good chemicals!  When you can, maybe get outside for a bit.  Helps to clear your head.  Look at the clouds, maybe, and  try to find a poodle (tee-hee).

Get some ice for your eyes when they stop flowing ---- keeps you from swelling blindness.

Stay in touch.  I will be checking in from time to time all day.

Thinking of you and sending you feel better wishes!

Nancy

diamond01

Thanks so much, still crying but getting better, I don't know what I would do without you today, you are my angle, Thanks so much. Could you just check on me if you have time, Helen.  

0 Kudos
Pao777

Hang in there. It will get better! ❤️

0 Kudos

Hi Helen!  Hang in there.  It's okay to cry.  Scream if you want.  In the beginning of my quit I slept a lot.  Maybe a nice nap would help.  46 days is wonderful!!  You are doing awesome!

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

Hang on Helen! 48 DOF is Huge and smoking won't improve anything ever!

1a46bfe6c675ce64bebc94b563f7ec61603a03321136dfd3ea41c77187cd91ee.jpg

Stay Strong and please share with us as often as you want!

Darren

Giulia

This journey definitely IS a roller coaster ride.  Sometimes we just have to close our eyes and hang on tight!  The suggestion that Nancy made about getting outside is a good one.  Change of venue can help turn our thoughts in another direction.  You're DOING THIS Helen.  Pat yourself on the back!  Just get through today.  Just get through today.   Hang in!  

maryfreecig

There is more to quitting than loss and goodbye. But the addiction does take a little time to work out of the system. When it leaves, you'll be restored to knowing what it's like to not smoke, not miss it, to live normal. What you feel today will not always be. Although feeling helpless is awful in and of itself, keep surfing it to your freedom from loss/addiction. 

If watching video might help....

AT this site you will find a pile of quit smoking videos, some are success stories, some are on addiction....etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA1gA4GwZ-ZD84pwMC8MJeQ

I once thought that I could live without a cigarette, but that I could not live completely free from smoking, from thinking about it, from sensing something was missing. I thought I'd have to make do with feeling crappy. I was wrong.  Just by not smoking and hanging in there, I  made it out of the fog. So glad for it.

Keep the faith.