cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

How Nicotine Changes your Brain

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170213152302.htm 

Is that OK with you?

Give yourself time to heal! Our bodies including our brains have an incredible ability to heal but it takes time! All you have to do is stop pouring Nicotine into your system and nature does the rest! In my book that is a miracle!

One day at a time!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TerrieQuit

Thanks for the article and your time looking this "stuff" up for us! Indeed, it does take the time to heal from the effects of nicotine, if the damage has not already gone too far! But there are many of the effects we CAN  recover from! Quit Now!  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
Posamari

Interesting , scary article.  I think we are still finding new evil ways nicotine affects us.  The grad student whom wrote this , I noticed is a student from Univ of Ky.  A state that the main cash crop is tobacco and unfortunately tobacco use is accepted much more than in other demographic areas of U.S.   I lived in Lexington, Ky for 4 yrs back in the 80s. My ex husband was an econ grad student at the time at UK and wrote his thesis on the future of tobacco. I remember the tobacco companies even back then, were getting the majority of their revenue from exporting tobacco.  The anti smoking trend had started and the tobacco companies were really starting to feel the pinch although it hadn't really reached the momentum in Ky and other tobacco producing states yet. Tobacco companies were trying everything to keep the domestic tobacco use up of course. Everything from BOGO, coupons, freebies, sponsoring different events, considering alternate crops, you name it. The invent of the e-cig and the whole vape scene saved their asses domestically. Excuse my French. Smiley face.      

0 Kudos
Posamari

And now the legalization of marijuana will keep them (tobacco companies) in business. They'll have their evil greedy fingers in the pot. No pun intended. 

Sorry, I digress from original article...lol.... Excuse my tangent I just went on. Good post Thomas! 

0 Kudos

they even jumped on the e-cig bandwagon.  If you can't sell one, gotta have a backup plan, right?