Jump to solution

Do they give us free patches to stop smoking 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

zackary

This is correct. We don't currently supply free patches. As several others have mentioned there are other resources available to you.  Thanks TerrieQuitYoungAtHeart‌ JonesCarpeDiemcrazymama_Lori and  kristen_9.7.15 for chiming in. 

You can also checkout the State's Quitlines to see what is offered in your state.  But as others have said, don't limit your search to just there.

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

Not that I'm aware of.

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Good question, zackary They do not. But your local hospital may. Many hospitals offer a free cessation program. They usually provide patches, lozenges, and gum and give you a stress ball and some reading materials. Mine didn't give any support but you can find plenty of that here!

Here are a couple of good links to help get you started here

/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2017/01/28/welcome-to-our-community?sr=search&searchId=b3f633c9-17d2-43f2-a8a4-20... 

My Welcome To New Members (10 Years Of Watching) 

I don't know where you are located, but in my area, there is a # 211 you can call that should be able to give you information about free patches.  Please keep in touch!   ~Terrie~

your state will

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome!

You might also try your County or State Health Department for the patches.

do an internet search of free nicotine patches, {insert your state here} or 

Call For Free Help

You can quit smoking for good and live a healthy, smokefree life. Take the first step and call 1-800-QUIT-NOW for FREE support.

diamond01

This is the site that gives the free patches. Thanks Helen.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

diamond01 wrote:

This is the site that gives the free patches. Thanks Helen.

Oh you mean 1-800-QUIT-NOW? Yeah that number detects where you are calling from it appears and connects you with the state's quitline. So if you live in Maryland but have a Florida cell phone number, it might connect you to the Florida Quitline instead of the Maryland one.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

zackary

This is correct. We don't currently supply free patches. As several others have mentioned there are other resources available to you.  Thanks TerrieQuitYoungAtHeart‌ JonesCarpeDiemcrazymama_Lori and  kristen_9.7.15 for chiming in. 

You can also checkout the State's Quitlines to see what is offered in your state.  But as others have said, don't limit your search to just there.

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
diamond01

Hi, they do give you free patches, I just finished my 3 step 2 days ago, and I am feeling great today, any questions let me know, Helen. 

0 Kudos