cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bree19

7 Days to quitting - and unsure if I can do it

I'm unsure if I will be able to really quit and I'm also unsure I'm typing my msg in the right place?

Not at all computer literate when in comes to social media so maybe no one will see this?

I need to be in touch with anyone willing to support me in my new challenge of quitting next week.

I started my cigarette tracking this morning and also began My Quit Plan - don't even know if I did that right!

Well, in case anyone reads this:

I'm Brenda or Bree

Pretoria South Africa

Smoker for 4 decades

Gave up once in 2014 and lasted  smoke free for 5 weeks but then my mom died 

At that time I was with a support group called Stay Quit from the UK, but cannot find them online now so am really holding high hopes for support from people on this site.

Quit date 20 Feb

I'm finding this site a bit confusing but that might just be my general idiocy.  Even Facebook is beyond me - but I keep trying.  I  can like, share and comment on other people's messages.  I've yet to understand walls, timelines, uploading, downloading or attaching pics.  (See?  pics!  I know something else!)  Instagram and twitting...haven't even tried!

Please someone, find me and help me quit - and tell me if this msg should have been written somewhere else.

I admire every one of you I've read about.

Caio

B

Tags (1)
61 Replies
TerrieQuit

Hello, Bree, I am glad you came to EX! Congratulations on getting your quit date set! This was a good place to post or you could have also posted it in a blog. I think many of us check both places. Here are some links with useful information. I hope you find them helpful! ~Terrie~

/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2017/01/28/welcome-to-our-community?sr=search&searchId=42213bea-e3ee-40be-a790-dc... 

My Welcome To New Members (10 Years Of Watching) 

You will find a lot of support here!

Bree19

Aaaahh! Email!

I WILL get going on the Community – but for now…Thanks so much for your welcome reply.

I’m so touched – I’ve had 7 different ‘welcome’ emails.

Regards

Bree

Edited by Mark to remove Private Information from email signature.

Welcome! 

It's nice to meet you, Bree!

We're in this together! Keep reading and keep your commitment to your Quit Date and you will be just fine! You'll actually be amazed at ho well this quit is going to go! I often ask myself only one question : Why didn't I quit sooner? LOL! Smoke FREE is incredible!

Fear is normal - apprehension is normal, second guessing is normal. Step over all of these thoughts and feelings and just commit - one day at a time! You'll be better off for it!

Bree19

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your advice and encouragement.

I’m going to do this!

Bree

Just keep posting as you are now.  No need to make it any difficult that it has to be.  Everyone feels apprehensive at first, you go into a whirlwind, How can I handle this without smoking, how can I do this without smoking.  I too smoked for over 4 decades.  I didn't think I would ever quit.  I tried and failed and tried again.  But you see, I was trying.  I wasn't committed to making it stick, to making it my last time.  If you're here for support, then keep it simple and just keep writing as you did above.  express your feelings and ask for help.  Doesn't matter where you stick it, what category it goes in, somebody is going to see it, it's all good.  Click on my name or my picture and so some reading.  Click on some featured content, some blogs, some discussions.  This is doable.  we are here 24 hours a day.  Somebody somewhere is up at this time or any time

Bree19

Thank for your advice and encouragement.

It means the world to me.

Bree

MarilynH

Welcome Bree, we're all here for you read everything you can about quitting smoking and Remaining Quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve, you can and will be successful, be willing, determined and totally committed and know that you will succeed! 

Bree19

Thanks sincerely for your welcome email.

I needed that!

Bree

Mortalzeus

Hello Bree,We are here for you and you can do this!  Read and Read some more!  There is insight and inspiration throughout this site  it has worked for me!

fist-pump-baby-lets.png

Darren