cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sootie

Unable to send Private Message to certain Members

Jump to solution

This might just be a technical problem I am experiencing rather than community wide.....however, when I go to send a private message, I cannot get some names to populate in the box where I am to put the name of who I want to send it to. I know----for example-----that Tommy is on here. pir8fan..................yet his name will not load for me. I also cannot reach Mark or Sarah that way.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

No worries Sootie‌ I wondered.  For Direct Messages/PMs you don't need the @.  For Mentions you do need @username. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's odd Sootie

i have had people have issues when mentioning me but not if they were sending pm.  What if you go to pir8fanMark‌ or scha‌.  Can you click Actions > Send Message?

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark! I was typing the @....................................sorry!  got Sarah, got Tommy but I still don't get you. But that's OK, I can always reach you this way. Thanks for the help.

You can reach Mark by doing @ ex (no space in between), then scroll to find his name and click on it.  He said it also works by by doing @ community.  His name is top of the list when I do that.

0 Kudos

With an @Mention yes those work-arounds will be needed but with a Direct Message,  no @ is required . In fact, it certainly wouldn't work.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

No worries Sootie‌ I wondered.  For Direct Messages/PMs you don't need the @.  For Mentions you do need @username. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Legend

Sootie I can't either I tried to see if I could send mark a message. If I go to his page I can then click on send a message and his name comes up. I did not send a message to him I just wanted to see If I was having the same trouble as you are. Well mark knows now I see his comment above mine now. 

0 Kudos

You're just putting in the username right? No @username correct?

Send-Direct-Message.png

You can see as I type "pir" it starts to look for Tommy.  The more I type, the more it refines, like Google.  I can also hit the icon to the right and Pick from the list of people I follow.  Search based on multiple fields or send to some of the newest members. Address book is not enabled so nothing appears in the last option.

Send-Direct-Message-2.png

Let me know if this clarifies and makes any more sense.  Seeing a screenshot of what you get when you type in "pir" for Tommy would be helpful.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos