cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Your Questions Regarding Site Maneuver-fication In One Place?

Lazy Me

The site seems to change every day (for the better) as they try to improve it based on our questions and suggestions but, as such, I am still confused.

The first or second day I suggested they put a video on youtube of how to get around the new site in relationship to the functions of the old site.      They put out a request for people who were willing to participate and make this happen and I volunteered to do a video of my screen and my voice on how to do this.

I had originally planned to start on my profile page and show how to get around your own content, etc

Some of these things are becoming second nature as the days go on.

I understand there are things we aren't going to have, like a message board on our content pages. GET OVER IT!  Yes, I will miss it as thought it was great personal interaction and people could get to know your personality outside your blog.

I am asking for your input as to where you get lost and be as specific as you can please. And be quick about it. I'm supposed to do this in 7 hours. 

I may suggest we delay making the video for a week or so too.

🙂

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
30 Replies

this is what I wrote this morning as a question for support, maybe you can gain some info from it https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/6294-i-think-i-finally-figured-out-the-problem or see where I think the confusion lies with finding the basic things

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

No problems finding my way around after the first day or two.  Personally, I really like the new site.  I have gotten into the routine of first checking my notifications, then check blogs, and then go to conversations.  I feel that some people are making it more complicated than it needs to be.  I also received an invitation to help with the video instructions - but that is so not me - lol  I have offered (and the offer still stands) to help people learn the site one-on-one over the telephone or by private message. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonesCarpeDiem‌ If Jive had a Wall/Message board, we'd certainly enable it for you.  The Status Update functionality isn't really all that different. It's still a public message that will allow you to post something visible to everyone.  It will show up in recent activity too. It's threaded so you can actually interact and know when someone has replied as well. 

I'll do one right now and mention you.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I, by accident, did see some people using the "status update" - however, they were not @mentioning anyone - so no one knew it was there unless they just happened upon it

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes a status update doesn't have to mention anyone but it could be used to essentially replicate a Message Board comment. There isn't any "location" for the messages to be seen but you can see someone's status updates in their profile and in the activity stream and select other widgets.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
elvan

@Mark I did a status update the other day, first at your request and then I did another one but I was advised that the only reason a person happened to see it was sort of accidental so a status update only works if you are looking for someone's profile?

0 Kudos
MarilynH

elvan‌ I noticed that you had Mark with @ but it didn't highlight, sometimes @ that isn't very cooperative, huge hug for Ellen, gentle of course. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Why is that?  Am I supposed to use the @ that is on the toolbar and not just the one on my keyboard????

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Ellen, you can use either one, but when you start typing a little box will open with a list where you have to select from, and that is how the hyperlink gets created.  If you do not see it changing color, that means your @ did not work.  Let me see if I can take a screenshot for you, can you see your blog : "elvan Blog", when you start typing @el...you see the drop down opening and you need to put the cursor on your blog (or your name) and click on it, and then you will link to it: elvan‌.

I hope it makes sense...

pastedImage_1.png