cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Doris-Diane

One month today

I stopped smoking on January 66th. Cold turkey. So proud.

19 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

pastedImage_1.jpg

To EX you have come to the right place.  Congratulations on 30 days smoke free.  Let us know how we may help you. 

0 Kudos
susan_m

Congratulations and welcome!  30 days is fantastic!

0 Kudos
tjanddj

Welcome and congratulations on your 1 month!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

Congratulations on your 30 day quit.  You should be VERY proud.

It's never too late to educate yourself on what nicotine does to your body and mind. To that end, I highly recommend Allen Carr's “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.” This is an easy and entertaining read. Here is a link to a free PDF version of it:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

As well, read the sections on this site, and read the blogs, responses and pages of folks you think might be helpful. You might visit whyquit.com and quitsmokingonline.com for the good information contained there.

The idea is to change up your routines so the smoking associations are reduced.  Drink your coffee with your OTHER hand. If you always had that first smoke with your coffee, try putting your tennies on right out of bed, going for a quick walk, then taking your shower and THEN your coffee! Rearrange the furniture in the areas you used to smoke so the view is different.

Stay close to us here and ask questions when you have them and for support when you need it. We will be with you every step of the way!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations!

0 Kudos
Doris-Diane

Thanks for the encouragement

0 Kudos
Giulia

Good for YOU!!!!  Just keep doing what you're doing and the months will turn into years.

0 Kudos
Doris-Diane

It was a long month but I did it..me

0 Kudos