cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

Finding Our Place

It's kinda like being a newbie again.  Here, on this new yet old site.  Where do we go to connect?  Who reads what?  Where are people?

It's ok to miss what used to be. That's human nature.  But embracing change is ok as well.  I've explored this site all weekend and found it is still full of wisdom, kindness, advice, and love.  I've made other observations as well.  Mainly about my role here and where I fit in.

I am not like Marilyn, who is full of warmth and genuine friendliness.  I am not like Thomas, who is full of knowledge and patience.  Conversations with them are lively, fun, and make you feel wanted. 

I am not like Jackie, who embraces all and has a talent to get to the heart of the matter.  Not like Giulia who is decisive and leads.  Not like Dale whose humor can get anyone through their dark spots.  Not like...well, you get the point.

I don't give out my phone number much so I don't talk with people away from this site.  I don't message much. 

But I care.  I'm shy and awkward and come and go.  I like to be happy.  I want to help.  I want those quitters who aren't comfortable blogging or messaging or writing to know that they can quit whether they blog or not.  I like to make everyone know that they matter.  So I continue to blog and sometimes write in discussions and sometimes even ask a question.

In short, I have a place here.  And it's getting to be comfortable and ok.  We all have a place here.  Explore, discover, and find your niche.  Because we need you here, we want you here, and everyone has a place on Ex.

11 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a fantastic blog. So true!

You've been mentioned! JACKIE1-25-15‌, JonesCarpeDiemGiuliaThomas3.20.2010MarilynH

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
MarilynH

Mark‌ ,thanks for the headsup on Sheri's EXcellent blog post, she sure has a heart of gold, I tried to usethe @ but I can't get it to work on @Dancingthrulife.

0 Kudos

where'd you go? Your Avatar is blank.

You always have a kind word and a warm place in our hearts.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If a member requests their account be deactivated, we honor their request.  Nothing happens to their content so they can rejoin at any time just by contacting me.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

What a WONDERFUL BLOG!!!!  And so true.  We each have a very special place here.  For there is no one quite alike in the way they offer support.  And you place is beautifully YOU, full of optimism and joy.  Vive la difference!

Daniela2016

Sheri, please come back, your are being missed here.  Not only is there room for everybody, but you occupy a big place here on EX, and you have been a big, positive, influence in my own quit.  I always admired your delicate presence, your poetic way of expressing the truth, and you made a huge impact, I am sure on everyone here, not just me.  I hope soon you'll change your mind and come back to grace us with your presence.

MarilynH

Thank you for this wonderful blog Sheri, I hope you bring your Avatar back, huge hug my friend and fellow Exer.....

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Sheri you have such a beautiful way with words - A talent that I will never have. You will be missed.  It saddens me so that you have decided to leave.  I will always keep in my hopes and dreams that you will decide to join us again. You have a very special place in this community and I am sad beyond words.

0 Kudos
elvan

This is the most helpful blog I have read so far.  I have spent a lot of time feeling frustrated and overwhelmed but this really is one day at a time, one blog or comment at a time.  It is still filled with the same amazing people who have been here since long before I came as well as newcomers asking for help.  I am sure those of us who have been here will eventually be comfortable and those new people will know this as their support site from the beginning.