cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

What you do with your thoughts matter

Got up a little late this morning.  Just getting to brew my first coffee.  I had a little headache, hopefully this is the cure.  Smells good.  Got collard greens from the garden just starting to boil.  Had an association that about smoking.  It started when I took a glance at my yard boots.  Funny way for it to pop up.  I use to always smoke when I worked the yard. Before during and after...my reward system.  It is what you do with your thoughts that matters. Just because I thought it does not mean I have to act on it. Let lie, let it die. Have a great smoke free day.  I am 739 Free

11 Replies
elvan

So true, we have choices and once we not only accept that, we VALUE it, life becomes MUCH more adventurous.

Daniela2016

Thoughts become things, if we let them; but we can chose them: the bad ones, thomas taught us today, we defuse Conversations‌ so we chose the good ones

MarilynH

Congratulations Jackie when we choose to be smoke free we end up with tons of days free from the crutch, congrats on your awesome 739 splendiforous DOF and counting WTG....

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ditto.  The garden cigarette was part of my reward system too.  Hard to smoke when you've got both hands full!

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on your marvelous quit Jackie! 

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Get this, when I quit smoking, I quit wearing gloves to garden because I wouldn't smoke with dirty hands, so by the time I got in the house and got my hands washed and dried the thought/crave was gone and back out I went. EXers told me NMW! So I went around with pretty crappy looking hands but I wasn't smoking! HA, I never told anyone that before.

Great point Jackie, Thanks for bringing it up! I had forgotten how crappy my hands looked that summer. lol!   ~Terrie~

JACKIE1-25-15

To funny!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

To funny!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Now THAT's the kind of creative think necessary in the beginning of our quits!  

0 Kudos