cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

How do you keep your quit?

Jump to solution

Hello everyone it is really great to speak with you.  How is everybody doing?

I want to quickly touch base and ask  how do you keep your quit? There are lots of ways but I only want to touch base on two for myself.  I love to keep things simple. Love this discussion board thing. 

#One is this group at EX. 

If I am feeling vulnerable with my quit I can come here FIRST.  Open 24/7 baby that is a fact.  Give EX a chance to respond.   

#Two is MY commitment never to put a cigarette to my lips ever again NO MATTER what is going on in my life. No EXcuses will keep me free.   How do you keep your quit?. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you so much for such a  wonderful response to this discussion.  Some of the same sentiments, I wrote them but did not post them thanks for getting them out there anyway.  Peace out. God Bless you and may have continue to smile on you. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I will have to ditto what you just said!  

I have become more aware of my thoughts and feelings so they don't sabotage me into action. Only by many small actions does that lit Sickerette actually get into a smoker's mouth!

I have also "locked my back doors" as a good friend of mine used to say! The only question I allow to arise is "what shall I do instead?" 

And I organize my Quititude by blogging. I learned a long time ago that the best way to learn something is to teach it. Being here guiding others through their Quit Journeys makes my Quit Journey that much more strong! I have turned my Recovery inside out in my attempts to help other people. No hiding from myself as we all know Addiction does!

And  have grown my self worth and self respect so that makes me totally unwilling to destroy myself with anything addictive - certainly not nicotine! Not for this guy! 

BecomeanEX doesn't just help us quit - heck, I've done that dozens of times! It helps us stay quit! And for me, there's the real challenge!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you so much for such a  wonderful response to this discussion.  Some of the same sentiments, I wrote them but did not post them thanks for getting them out there anyway.  Peace out. God Bless you and may have continue to smile on you. 

0 Kudos
elvan

I remember what smoking did to me, I can't forget it because it is always with me, I remember what my decision to smoke took away from me and I absolutely refuse to allow it to take anything else, not one more minute of my life.  I value my freedom and I hold it like a torch wherever I go.  

JACKIE1-25-15

when you feel like quitting remember why you started., - Bing images

• pastedImage_1.jpg
SimplySheri

I stay true to myself....and myself is NOT a smoker   It's only when I feel off-balance and not heard that I even think about a cigarette.  So I make sure to take good care of myself and recharge when I need it.

tjanddj

Remembering that quit smoking is part of my health journey. To remember that I will do all that I can for myself to remain the healthiest I possible can be. And now that I can do more now than I could do in my 30's how can I go back to what I once did no matter how tempting it may be. Knowledge began my journey and I can not turn back to what it once was.

Daniela2016
  • I come here every day, several times/day: to see my friends and supporters, and to share my own experience with newbies, to give back, to EX
  • I have no tattoos on my skin, just an imaginary one on the right side of my brain, why there, I don't know maybe I feel it is my feminine, creative, intuitive, and I am sick of using my left on my every day job; so on the right side of my brain I have a little tattoo that says simply EX; if a thought of smoking even comes to visit me, I just need to use my minds' eyes and look to my EX tattoo, and I know what I became, I respect, and I love

So simply, EX

MarilynH

This Ex community along with the promise to myself the night before my quit that I would never smoke again and I think remaining vigilant so we don't become complacent or an unexpected stresser doesn't blindside us so Vigilance is key to a lifetime of Freedom, thanks Jackie.....