cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not able to @mention certain people?

Jump to solution

I thought this would be easy but I can't seem to "@ Mention" people.  When I hit the @ Mention symbol, a list of names and places pop but it is never the person I want to mention.  So I continue to type their username hoping it will pop up.  It never does. What am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue was fixed today.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 Replies
RachelMB

I have the same issue!

0 Kudos

@RachelMB I'm glad I'm not alone!  I am pretty computer saavy but it is not working for me 

0 Kudos

See??  Doesn't work!  GRRRRR!!

Mark!  Help us!!!  LOL

0 Kudos

kristen_9.7.15 or Giulia‌ or anyone who isn't able to mention a person without an underscore in their username and is willing to work with me, I would appreciate it.  I was able to see the problem but it is working now so I can't replicate it for one of the techs. So I need someone who is unable to mention me or another member of the community.  I'll need to do some screen recording of your browser (Chrome or Firefox) as you try an @Mark.   There would be some errors hopefully and some logs that could be recorded that I could send to our technical team to find out why the @mention isn't working. 

I know Kristen wasn't able to mention RachelMB previously‌.  But perhaps that is working now. If not, I hope we can chat!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I can now get to your name with the @ mark.  YAY!  I have a few minutes now to work with you, if you like, or later this afternoon.  

Here's one that doesn't work:  @ kathy_ryz_quit_date_7-1-13  also  @jenn_06_03_14 and @i_am_free @i_am_free  The name pop up show their blogs, but not simply their names.

0 Kudos

Giulia wrote:

I can now get to your name with the @ mark.  YAY!  I have a few minutes now to work with you, if you like, or later this afternoon.  

Here's one that doesn't work:  @ kathy_ryz_quit_date_7-1-13  also  @jenn_06_03_14 and @i_am_free @i_am_free  The name pop up show their blogs, but not simply their names.

Great that it is working for mentioning  Me now.  

The others that you mention are going to continue happening until the Underscore bug gets fixed... 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kristen_9.7.15 Yes there is a problem especially with people with Underscores in their username. There is a bug in Jive that doesn't allow you to @mention people with underscores.  I have been able to with a select few like Terrie and Jennifer but it's not consistent.  The good news is the bug was identified a while ago and is already fixed.  We're just waiting until the site gets updated so the issue will disappear.  Sorry it's frustrating! It frustrates me as well.  You can get past the bug by finding their profile in a new tab on your browser and copying and pasting it into the comment and it should fix it and make it pretty instead of a long link.  You can also put in their name and then highlight their name and then put in Link and put /people/username/ in the URL field and the highlighted word should already be filled in the "Text to Display" field . It's a workaround but the only suggestion I have for you at the moment. 

As far as mentioning me.  I'm able to mention myself, just fine.  Other people have had success typing in @EX and I apparently pop up in the top results.   Otherwise you can do the steps mentioned above and put in /people/Mark/ in the URL and then post and it will mention me.  

As soon as the site is updated (it happens automatically as soon as they're ready) I'll let you all know.  I'm just awaiting to hear from Jive as to when it is planned. If there are other bugs that have been identified and are fixed, i'll let people know about that as well.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Mark‌  Well look at that!  Yours popped up.  So it isn't me being stupid!!  LOL!  Phew!  Thanks Mark!!  I appreciate your help!!

0 Kudos

No worries kristen-9.7.15‌ Glad to help!  I did notice that now since I have mentioned you before it offered you as a suggestion as I typed so it must be learning a little bit.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team