cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

what is the point ?

The rewards and the  point system is ridiculous  (IMHO)  I just went to the leaderboard and one of the people ahead of me I know is no longer here because she relapsed a long time ago I am pretty sure she has not posted anything n this site for  very long time !

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please see my blog post from today. The Leaderboard is just a snapshot in time.  It doesn't mean anything and is not a focus for the EX Team. It's a core part of the platform and there isn't a simple way to remove it though we're working to deprioritize it as much as we can. In a week, month or year the active participants numbers will go up and so will their placement.  The people who aren't on the site will not move and will stay where they are.  The Leaderboard isn't a reflection on anyone's success in quitting. Rather it is simply a numerical representation of time spent and contributions made to the site over the years.  Even people who relapsed and haven't returned have made valuable contributions to the site over the years.  There are some who have relapsed and have returned and continue to make valuable contributions.  We shouldn't do away with their content prior to their relapse just because they did.  It's simply impossible for me to track every person who relapsed. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
bonniebee

Thank you for the explanation Mark

0 Kudos

once more activity is on here, then it can populate it correctly.  I never even looked at the leader boards nor the top contributors, nor the badges and the points.  I'm here for support and those things don't matter to me.  I hope this finds you well.  I haven't heard from you in quite a while

bonniebee

I am here and close to another year !

I came across the leader board quite by accident as I was roaming around this site trying to figure out things I will not pay any attention to it either !

MarilynH

Hey there my bonniebee ,I find the leaderboard can distracting when I'm checking the inbox so I just scroll by it and ignore it sleep well my friend and fellow Exer.....

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I will take your advice ! sleep well !

MarilynH

Have a good sleep my bonniebee ,Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

0 Kudos