cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

YoungAtHeart

I went to the doctor and the doctor said..

no more monkeys jumping on the bed!

Actually, I was growing concerned that my ankle was not showing improvement after doing RICE for two weeks, so decided to check with an ortho.  ALL good news!  It isn't broken....it normally takes 4-6 weeks for this to resolve.  Gave me a brace to wear.  I can put weight on it even though it is painful to do so.  I can go without crutches (if I can stand the pain) or just use one.

The REALLY good news?  I'm not smoking over it and hopefully it might heal faster because of that!

8 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

It takes time!  Hope it heals quickly!

JACKIE1-25-15

glad you hear the good news

0 Kudos

I'm so glad you're not smoking! Give it some time, Nancy! Patience, patience, patience! Perhaps your ambulation will be improved with your new cast!

Praying for a quick and complete recovery!

0 Kudos
Strudel

I hope it feels better each and every day! Please take very good care of yourself Nancy! 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I know it's frustrating Nancy, you are the get up and go type person but unfortunately your get up and go got up and left you with a bad ankle for awhile longer so deep breaths and keep going but hopefully with at least one crutch if not both but at least you're not smoking over your predicament. YoungAtHeart (((((big hug)))))

0 Kudos

Too funny...as I was reading your post, my boyfriend son turn on the no more monkeys video on YouTube.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

So glad to hear it's not broken, whew. You dodged a bullet with that one! Hope your ankle heals quickly!

0 Kudos
sophia-22

Hi Nancy great news that your ankle is not broken! Try to stay off of it as much as you can.

0 Kudos