cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Just saying

As Exsmokers we have used so many excuses to smoke or even to relapse.  Please don't let not liking a web page be an EXcuse to smoke.  Your quit is inside of you.  I have worked many places where change takes place.  Either you adapt , learn try or leave.  Life is always changing.  Nothing remains the same. Accept and adapt so that you may benefit. I am thankful to have a community like EX it is not the pages it is US.  Ya'll have a blessed day.  Stay close, be mindful don't give up. Whatever you are going through have hope and know that it will get better. I am here if you need to follow me to get message just let me know.  Whatever is possible for the betterment I will give my best. No  matter what NOPE.  ISTill type HELP we are here.

6 Replies

NOPE, won't be smoking over this site  

0 Kudos
elvan

I was part of a large community for a little over a year, it had different "rooms" where different discussions went on.  Some were support, some were political, in any event, they were all pretty interesting and we all had user names but did not know how to contact each other outside of the site.  One morning, I went to sign on and there was no site.  I assumed there was a glitch in the system but after days of searching for it, I found out that the site had completely dissolved.  There were and are some sites that are still connected privately on Facebook but it really was a huge loss.  

We were told this was going to happen, I think that some of us (ME) just did not do anything to prepare and when it happened, it seemed like it was overnight, it wasn't.

I am not going anywhere, at least not that I know of. I need this site and each and every person here.

plug66

i know your pain... yay for staying around...yay and yay again

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's sad that that happened but a real reality for communities.  I am sure that was devastating.

We're here and committed to EX and helping it grow. I hope that is obvious.  I love being able to be part of that opportunity and feel fortunate to be amongst so many amazing and dedicated people.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Well just look at how much things have settled around here just since last Wednesday!  We need to get the message about posting "HELP" for the new folks.  We have been so absorbed in the new EX - we tend to lose site of our real purpose - helping people quit and remain quit!  Nice to hear from you Jackie!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hopefully with the upcoming changes I mentioned in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations/blog/2017/01/31/thanks-for-your-initial-f...‌ this blog, it will help make posts by newer members stick out more on the home page.  

Let's talk about how we can focus getting new members help without suggesting every new member post a discussion/blog/question with the title "Help".  Certainly we don't want things to get lost.  In my experience with other communities, mass postings like this cause people to get lost in the cracks.  We certainly don't want that.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos