cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheyenne7

How to opt out of being notified about awards?

Jump to solution

Mark

Good Morning, is there anyway of not being notified of "acclaimed awards and the like"?  It makes being involved annoying, when the bell has a number on it correlating to this stuff.  If you don't open it, the number won't go away.

Since I have below zero interest in these "awards", can I opt out of being notified.....please, I find it very disruptive to the natural flow of communicating.  Thank you Mark.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately there is no way to opt out of such notifications on-site.  As Jennifer-Quit‌ mentions.  Read the ones you want to look at and then when that's done you can mark the rest as read. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
c2q

Hi Cheyenne. At the top right of the page, click on your avatar. On the menu to the right of it that appears, click on preferences.

preferences.png

Scroll down to "inbox notifications." Uncheck what you don't want to receive notices about.

NotificationBadges.png

All done!

Thanks, but I had tried that,  it will not allow me to click on it because I had clicked "No" for the first question, which was "receive email or mobile notifications".  I'll keep messing with it, but it doesn't appear to be giving me an option at this time. 

If you have no checked on the first question on the first list, you should not be getting any notifications at all.

0 Kudos

I mean notifications in the bell....I wish it wouldn't show me awards crap...lol....the number will stay on the bell unless I look at the notification.....maybe I know so little here there I can't explain myself correctly.....appreciate your help

0 Kudos

This is what I do - I filter to only see my messages (that way I don't miss any).  Read my messages and then select  "Mark All Read".  When I view, I only view the unread messages.  

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately there is no way to opt out of such notifications on-site.  As Jennifer-Quit‌ mentions.  Read the ones you want to look at and then when that's done you can mark the rest as read. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
cheyenne7

OK, that works....thanks!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Pity there isn't a way to tweak the system so that once you've read  a particular blog/post/ ... the Freedom Train post, Daily Pledge (e.g.), you can opt out of notifications FROM IT in your inbox at that point.  But I believe, because you're following the person who wrote the blog/conversation - no, wait.  New experiment.  If I mark the Freedom train post as "hidden."  Then perhaps it will just hide the Freedom Train post just for today?  Hmmm.  Doubt it. If I find an answer I'll let ya'll know!

I am confused - on some of the blog/discussion/questions posts we have the option to "hide new activity" in the upper right corner and on others we do not have this option.  Maybe Mark‌ can explain the difference.

0 Kudos