cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

I have forgotten how to leave someone a private message on this site

Jump to solution

Can someone tell me how please Also does one have to scroll through an entire list of names in order to find someone to message ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go to their page and just below the top banner on the right (in line with their name) you will see "actions". there is a drop down menu that includes "send a direct message."

Happy messaging!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to their page and just below the top banner on the right (in line with their name) you will see "actions". there is a drop down menu that includes "send a direct message."

Happy messaging!

EXProductMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonesCarpeDiem‌ is absolutely right!

If you're trying to find someone from the Member Directory, you can search by typing in their username in the "Filter by text" box:

pastedImage_2.png

Megan, Product Lead for EX
0 Kudos

The old site you could search keywords as well as names. I found them in the bex folder on my computer doing a key word search.

I couldn't have found them any other way.

They said our pms from the first site will be migrated. will we be able to sort the conversations by user or date?

Thanks

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is search on private messages. The sort options will be as they are now.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
bonniebee

One problem I have with searching is remembering the exact user name some of the names are so different and have many numbers in them .

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

BonnieBee.quit.2.8.15 wrote:

One problem I have with searching is remembering the exact user name some of the names are so different and have many numbers in them .

Yeah that is an unfortunate side-effect of having the quit dates in the username.  This is why we ensured that the quit date now displays in your profile and when you mouse over someone's avatar it will appear in a pop-up profile hovercard.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
bonniebee

Thank you Dale ! I will try it ! Have a nice day

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Thanks everyone !

0 Kudos