cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

I really don't know what I am doing

After exploring all kind of stuff and thinking I am getting somewhere, I just answered a 9 years old post, and while thinking using the Inbox was sending private IM's just realized it is not private at all.  Not that I have anything to hide, but with different friends, I like to address things I might not want published to the whole group

Is there such think as a private email anymore?

thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Silverstar

Daniela, I just send you a private message, let me know if you get it.

Strudel

Click on person's avatar - then "actions" on their page and "send direct message" - I think that is a PM! 

Strudel

PS on that - you have to be "following" each other in order to send a message - I think. That means you were mutual "friends" from old site - or that you and the other person have clicked on "follow" on each other's page. Whew......

totally disregard anything at the bottom of the page, the related and recommended content is a mixed bag.  sometimes it's current and sometimes it's not.  Go to your profile page and click on people.  There you will see the list of people that you are following or were "friends" on your old page.  If you see a cog wheel by their name you can send a private message from there because you are both following each other.  The problem lies if you are not both following.  In that case you might as well start a conversation and simply @ them so that they get a notification and ask for them to follow you and then the problem will be solved.

sophia-22

Hi Daniela,

I clicked on the pencil icon next to your avatar and a drop down box appears and one option is to private message someone in your friend list.

I'm still getting used to the new site also. I liked the old site better it was cozier but oh well this is it no going back!

elvan

Having comments on here that are nine years old is pretty obsolete, wouldn't you say?  Could they at the very least be flagged as Oldies but Goodies????

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Oh, it was fun when Giulia told me: hey, this is a 9 years old...I guess I picked it up from related messages!

No hurt feelings there, I have enough other reasons to be upset, I had found that rather funny 🙂

0 Kudos