cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

IrishRose

Hi, Guys!

I am embarrassed to admit that I have not been here in a very long time.  Recent e-mails from Become An Ex actually made me feel guilty for just disappearing from the site when I did.  I just logged on now, and I am looking at a website that has completely changed face from what it was when I quit smoking cigarettes. 

It is going to be seven years that I have honored my commitment to stay quit.  June 10, 2010 was my quit date. 

It is going to take me a little while to figure out this whole new webpage set-up.  I just happened upon "start a discussion".  Now that I started this particular blog, I do want to reach out to all my buddies on this site who so diligently assisted me in remaining smokefree, in addition to reaching such an awesome milestone in my quit.  I would mention names, but would fear leaving someone out by accident.  You guys know who you are though, and I thank each and every one of you for all the encouragement you gave in helping me get over that horrible hurdle of staying quit once I made the decision to quit. 

Do I still want a cigarette?  No.  Do I still get the urge to have a cigarette?  Once in a blue moon, and it always relates to being in a hospital with a loved one not doing so well, but the urge gets less frequent as you find other things to occupy your time.  Life still goes on... the good with the bad.  The last time I had that "urge" was over four months ago.  One day, one urge - that's all it takes.  You must remain strong with your quit!

I must add that I do love the spell check in this discussion panel.  Way to go Become An Ex!

Love you guys,

Irish Rose 

18 Replies

Rose!

Oh I have the Biggest grin!

We're both getting closer to 7 Years! 

It's so EXciting!

Thanks for dropping in - I hope you stick around!

I know I have missed you!

Metamorphosis! Remember?

IrishRose

Yes, I do remember.  (((hug))) 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

So glad you stopped by!  Congratulations!

Giulia

ROSIE!!!!!  How great to see you!  Here's a little primer for getting around the place.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1134-ex-to-ex-instructions   WE only moved last week and are still getting used to this new house.  If you need help and want to PM me, hover over my avatar and when the square enlarges just 1st click on "follow" (aka 'friending').  I'll follow you in the meantime (both parties have to be following in order for private messages).  Then to send a message hover over the avatar and when it enlarges click on message at the bottom.  Or reply to this message with an @ giulia (no space between the @ and my name).  Welcome back!  So glad to know you're still smoke free.  Come share your wisdom!

0 Kudos
IrishRose

Thank you for the instructions.  I so obviously need them; feel like I am in a dark forest.  hahahaha 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Have no fear, there's light just past the last tree!  lol

Image result for forest pictures

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your quit with us. Congratulations on your quit.  Have a great day. 

IrishRose

Thank you for your kind words, Jackie.

0 Kudos
Strudel

Wow! How wonderful to see you!! Yes, this new place is going to take a lot of us a while to figure out! 

Congrats on your quit - both of us coming up on 7 years!! Aren't we something! 

We are doing an EX gathering in Virginia Beach this year - in May - sure wish you could make it! Let me know if you are interested in detail! Lots of folks coming - you know you want to meet Giulia, Tommy, Skygirl, Shawn, me and on and on!!