lisalhh

If at first I don't succeed ...

Discussion created by lisalhh on Jan 29, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 by crazymama_Lori

I'm so glad ShawnP just added me as a contact. I've been going back and forth with quitting since last March. My doctor just put me on Chantix. I'm coming to the end of my first week (the amount of time it takes to get into your system and start working), so it's almost time to start working again. Lord knows I can use all the encouragement I can get!

I was almost there. I had broken the addiction but not the habit. I have a very good friend who is legally blind. Plus she has fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. A person can understand why she might smoke with all those problems. Unfortunately, her eye doctor told her smoking is making her lose the rest of her sight more quickly.

Anyway, I was only smoking 2-3 cigs when I was with her. Then we had a yard sale together two weeks ago. What a mistake that was. I smoked regularly for four days. Now I've cut back, but still smoke about 3/day. Not good enough!

So, now I'm trying Chantix. I used the patch, and that took me to a few cigs/week (not too bad). Now it's time to quit for good ... I hope, I hope I hope.

Outcomes