cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete In Box Messages

Jump to solution

Please make it possible to delete our in box messages (especially the notifications!).  I don't keep my old stuff IRL or on my other devices FOREVER so why would I want to do it here?  If there is something "important" that I want to keep (to be able to search for/use later) then that would be my free CHOICE.

If I say pretty pllllllleeeeeaaaaassssseeeeeee???   

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can delete your replies in a Direct Message Conversation by clicking the little blue circle with the X in it but then the conversation will become confusing as you'll lose context.  

direct_message_delete.png

You don't have to delete things as they'll disappear in your notifications feed over time.  If you ever want to find something you can always search to locate it.  There isn't a way to bookmark a conversation on the site. You'd have to use your browser to bookmark the conversation if you wanted to come back to it in the future.  

I definitely understand your desire to be able to control and delete the old messages but it simply isn't a functionality that the platform has right now. If it did, we'd likely have it enabled for you.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can delete your replies in a Direct Message Conversation by clicking the little blue circle with the X in it but then the conversation will become confusing as you'll lose context.  

direct_message_delete.png

You don't have to delete things as they'll disappear in your notifications feed over time.  If you ever want to find something you can always search to locate it.  There isn't a way to bookmark a conversation on the site. You'd have to use your browser to bookmark the conversation if you wanted to come back to it in the future.  

I definitely understand your desire to be able to control and delete the old messages but it simply isn't a functionality that the platform has right now. If it did, we'd likely have it enabled for you.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team