cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

Just curious!

Jump to solution

I was just wondering if anyone else is missing the personal connection that I've really found comforting over the last 2 and a half yrs or so! I miss being able to just connect with you as a community in a blog or touching base with just one of you on the message board but I know we're all still trying to figure out this new format but I even question myself whether I'm blogging in the right place or not and how many of you can actually see it? Is it the pencil? Which I believe it is, at least that's what I'm using. I'm really hoping for this old foggie that we can all figure out where we can hook up and feel more comfortable and at ease with this new format, huge cyber hug to each of you my friends and fellow Exers......

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jennifer-Quit

Others have said that it feels less personal also.  Some people are just not participating as much.  I do hope that will change.

View solution in original post

47 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I can see your posts and do read them every day.  Are you able to read your comments?  Do you know how to send a message to someone?  Not the same as the message board but it is our only option to correspond one on  one.  Let me know if I can help. 

MarilynH

Thanks Jennifer, I thought I was blogging for everyone to see, I was just second guessing myself and I can read and do answer comments and I know how to send a message but to me this format feels less personal, I feel less connected! If that makes any sense? Maybe I just need to give it some more time because I haven't got everything figured out yet...9

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Oops I didn't mean to hit the nine! 

0 Kudos
Legend

Well i just clicked on preferences and then clicked on the news and updates on this site and up popped your blog with a comment from Jennifer. I did not get notified of this blog and I am following you so I think getting the news and updates gets the blogs from people you follow. I don’t know if I will get all the new blogs now on Ex or just the ones from people I follow I will have to see what pops up now. I had unclicked the news and updates when I first got on the new platform to try and get my inbox under control I was swamped with messages.

I do miss having our page that we could have personal comments on but maybe in the future that might be possible I hope.

Giving you a cyber Hug

MarilynH

Thanks Christine, I went into preferences and changed a few things around concerning the emails because I was getting bombarded too with hundreds of emails but now I got it back to normal, I guess I'll get used to this new format there's  definitely lots of pluses like I can post pictures now. christine_aka_legend

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Others have said that it feels less personal also.  Some people are just not participating as much.  I do hope that will change.

MarilynH

Me too, thank you for chatting with me, that makes me feel better, big hug....

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I meant for that last comment to be to you jennifer_quit_05-01-14 ,thanks again for chatting with me....

0 Kudos

I agree with you 100% Marilyn! I have no idea what I didn't see, what others didn't see and where to find what I want. Perhaps with time that will change. My accessibility at this point is a disaster and I don't have a lot of time on this site. I just want to continue to use this site to talk about Smoking Cessation and Smoking Related Illness. So I've quit wishing I can change what I can't!

Serenity Prayer!