cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A document or a discussion, that is the question.......

Jump to solution

what's the difference between documents and discussions?  Blogs are blogs, but what's the difference between those two?  I've seen people posting under all three

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Different Content Types on EX and When to Use Each One ‌  This might give you an idea... Let me know if you have any other questions.

Oops Documents isn't listed on there.  Basically Documents give you a way to create a versioned file. You can add to it, refine it until you have something you like.  It could be a list of tips and tricks or helpful documents that you've seen over your time here on EX.  JonesCarpeDiem‌ and ShawnP‌ had a pretty good record of resources on their profiles on the old site.  This is an alternative.  The best thing then is that you can @mention the document to point someone to it as you write responses to people just like I have done above.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Different Content Types on EX and When to Use Each One ‌  This might give you an idea... Let me know if you have any other questions.

Oops Documents isn't listed on there.  Basically Documents give you a way to create a versioned file. You can add to it, refine it until you have something you like.  It could be a list of tips and tricks or helpful documents that you've seen over your time here on EX.  JonesCarpeDiem‌ and ShawnP‌ had a pretty good record of resources on their profiles on the old site.  This is an alternative.  The best thing then is that you can @mention the document to point someone to it as you write responses to people just like I have done above.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team