cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Weekends

For many of us Weekends are times to get together with Family and Friends. As smokers we would seek out and hang out with...smokers! Now that we have Quit Smoking we have to hang out (at least temporarily) with another group of people - those who don't or no longer smoke!

Does that sound too radical? It's true! 

Hanging out with our Smoke Buddies will only draw us back to smoking - especially if we hang out in the same Smoking places as we are used to!

People, Places, and Things (like ashtrays, favorite lighters, etc..) can draw us back into our Addiction just as easily as having a lit Sickerette right under your nose! 

Smoking Cessation is a Lifestyle Change!

Get to know the Folks around you that don't smoke! Ask them what they do when they are stressed!

There's a whole New World out there that you have been avoiding!

After you establish your Quit Journey you can add back in your Smoker Friends - just don't be around their Sickerettes!

Sickerette Smoke triggers your Addictive Brain and entangles you back into Addiction! 

Set yourself FREE!

It's doable and it's worth it!

3 Replies
Mandolinrain

Great post and so so true! 

I do recall all having to keep distance probably for at least the first three months, from my 'smokey friends', now it's not an issue at all. They respect my decision to give up the nasty cigs and they do not light up around me. They still stink of it and that's nasty, I sure don't miss that. Some have also quit by my example.

Thanks for the reminder 

0 Kudos
joedice711

lots of good points dale.    just wish my mind would get of the thoughts of smoking..when walking I think of everything that I did with a cig. in my hand or mouth. thoughts that is all, its actions I have to really worry about.     I don,t do that any more.. 

0 Kudos
Silverstar

Excellent points, Thomas!   I am still amazed to have Quit while living with an active smoker! 

However, while it's not always easy, it's Doable, as you say.  So, if you have a partner who smokes, you can still Quit - without getting a divorce, too!  It takes work and commitment, you have to really want it, and make it happen.

The support here can make the difference.

0 Kudos