Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RachelMB

Notifications Setting Again :)

Jump to solution

Hi guys-

I am still having trouble with being bombarded with emails.  I have turned the setting off so that my own personal email isn't full, but I'm still getting tons of messages to the left of my avatar-the little white bell.  I unchecked the inbox setting on everyone I had in my list.  I don't want to unfollow anyone for fear of missing something.  I can filter the messages that are directly being sent to me but there is a ton of other messages in there as well.

Hopefully this all makes sense.  Does anyone know of anything else to do? 

I know this has been a challenge for all of us but we are further along than yesterday!

Thanks everyone-

Rachel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rachel, if you author or participate in a discussion/question/blog then you'll get subscribed to that discussion.  If you want to opt out of a discussion just go Actions on the upper right of the page and unclick the Inbox box for that discussion and no more notifications will appear for that discussion.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Strudel

I am also trying to figure out how things are coming to the on site inbox. (Like you, I turned off the email notification,) I know there is the filter which allows you to only see certain things...but haven't figured it all out yet for sure! 

0 Kudos
Silverstar

I haven't been able to stop them, other than the filter.  I probably get less than you, though.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

This is a thread feed.  At this point I do not see where/how they can be deleted  If you go to your profile drop down box you will see preferences but the section for inbox is not active at this time.  The only resolution at this point is to filter what you want to populate

0 Kudos
Giulia

I believe you need to click on the post that you see in your inbox and then once it's been pulled up, check the upper right action box and click "unfollow in this stream" if the "following" is showing.  I don't believe that stops you from following the people you're following, only that particular blog or discussion.  But I can't swear to it.  Suggestion - go to one item in your inbox, click on it and bring up the page, (remember/copy the name of the person who wrote it) and once it loads unfollow it.  Then you can put their name in the member search box, go to their profile and find out if you're still following them or not.  If not, then just follow the again. 

0 Kudos
RachelMB

Thanks guys!  Giulia-will try your suggestion.

0 Kudos

when you go to your bell (messages), click on mark all read.  It basically performs like an e-mail account

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rachel, if you author or participate in a discussion/question/blog then you'll get subscribed to that discussion.  If you want to opt out of a discussion just go Actions on the upper right of the page and unclick the Inbox box for that discussion and no more notifications will appear for that discussion.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

If I may add to Mark's post, you must be on the actual page (discussion/blog... etc.)  and not just looking at it from your inbox.  The action button responds differently there.