cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

How do I restore someone I unfollowed?

Jump to solution

I got very confused going through those old "friends" (now called followers).  Don't know where I found it now, but I had a list of people who were following me.  And I was clicking the OK box next to Follow or Following, thinking I was agreeing to everything.  And then I discovered that a person would disappear from the list - which was not my intent.  Then I clicked on Archived button and found that they were "dismissed."  How do I get them back?  And how does the follow/following - OK button work?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's a notification that they have followed you. You've dismissed the notification by pressing OK to acknowledge it so it doesn't show any longer and goes to archive.  

If you unfollow someone you can go back to their profile and follow them again.  You might check in the archive if you somehow unfollow someone who follows you and shows up in the Connection Updates.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to your Profile and then click the People Tab. You can filter by the people your following and who are following you.  There you can adjust who you are following. 

They're removed when you unclick it and they disappear.  I'm not sure where you are seeing the archive button. I don't have one. I removed someone that I was following but noted their name right before they i unclicked them.  I then went to their profile and added them back again.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thank you.  Meanwhile I need to find that archive place.  When and if I do, I'll let you know.  It seemed that it might have been a receptacle for people one has deliberately banned from contacting them.  Whatever "dismissed" means.

0 Kudos

Yes please let me know.  Grab a screenshot so I can maybe track it down.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

MarkGiulia‌  

I found the archive button Mark and Giulia

Click on a Connection update in your inbox

When you press the OK button the person goes to archive and is dismissed.

Now I don’t know how to put them back.

I pressed the ok button on this person just to see what happens because she was already deleted but was still on my friends list and when I pressed OK she went to archive.

Now I don’t see how to get them back on my friends list. I know she is gone but I just want to know how to get them back on my friends list even though she is not her anymore.

archive pic 2 at ex.png

0 Kudos

I just found it myself too and sent Mark a message.  When I clicked on the member's name in the archived area, it took me to their profile page, and I noticed that it says "following".  So I don't know what "dismissed" means.  Perhaps it means I'm following them, but I've stopped them from following me?  So, yes, Christine, it looks like we've "dismissed" them and don't know how to get them back.  Mark?

0 Kudos

It's a notification that they have followed you. You've dismissed the notification by pressing OK to acknowledge it so it doesn't show any longer and goes to archive.  

If you unfollow someone you can go back to their profile and follow them again.  You might check in the archive if you somehow unfollow someone who follows you and shows up in the Connection Updates.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team