cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indingrl

Where is "Friends" activity board?

Jump to solution

Remember the OLD ACTIVITY BOARD......your CHOICE to see self activity or friends activity.....well I miss the OLD....and yes I KNOW ADAPTING TO CHANGE IN THE LONG RUN IS GOOD.....it is MY ADJUSTING time....getting the NEW WAY OF IN AND OUT OR SHARING AND CARING OF BLOGGING AND ALL THE GOOD NEW CHANGING OF THIS NEW SITE......yet for ME....and I am ONLY TALKING ABOUT ME..... I like seeing my friends pic on MY PERSONAL PAGE......I like SEEING what you did ......which blog you commented on.....where you were at ....JUST LETTING IT BE KNOW.....some OLD is good....to ME!!!! in Jesus name I am ADAPTING TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY TO THIS NEW CHANGE AND THANKS FOR LETTING ME START A DISCUSSION......

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can just look in the activity feed and see who posted very recently.  They're "online" even if there is not indicator as such. Even if someone is replying by email and not necessarily logged onto the site they're still online in a way.  Also the site is a lot more responsive in way of notifying you so people can get back to each other quickly without having to constantly check on the site.  

Creating a New Stream for My EX Feed‌ might help get you the view you want.  Check it out.  Plus now you can do Status Updates which are very similar to Message Boards.  You can @mention your friends and they can reply.  Overall the new community is much more social than the previous community.  Yes, you're used to how things were in the old community and we've tried to replicate as many similarities as possible however we're using a pre-built platform and adjusting the options to best fit the community's needs.  Unfortunately you can't just make happen whatever you would dream up.  That would be awesome if it were possible but there is always a downside to that. Platforms that have nearly unlimited configuration options often have a lot of bugs and rarely get updated.  

In many cases, the solution you're looking for is probably here.  It's just a bit different than before.  If you're following your friends then you can see their activity by going to My EX Feed and then Click on the "Following" link.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ShawnP

If you click on my news feed, you can see people's activity from "all activity." I do miss seeing who is online right now though but, maybe they will incooperate that as well. I am sure they can do alot more here than they did on old platform. As i navigate and learn, i love it.

0 Kudos

You can just look in the activity feed and see who posted very recently.  They're "online" even if there is not indicator as such. Even if someone is replying by email and not necessarily logged onto the site they're still online in a way.  Also the site is a lot more responsive in way of notifying you so people can get back to each other quickly without having to constantly check on the site.  

Creating a New Stream for My EX Feed‌ might help get you the view you want.  Check it out.  Plus now you can do Status Updates which are very similar to Message Boards.  You can @mention your friends and they can reply.  Overall the new community is much more social than the previous community.  Yes, you're used to how things were in the old community and we've tried to replicate as many similarities as possible however we're using a pre-built platform and adjusting the options to best fit the community's needs.  Unfortunately you can't just make happen whatever you would dream up.  That would be awesome if it were possible but there is always a downside to that. Platforms that have nearly unlimited configuration options often have a lot of bugs and rarely get updated.  

In many cases, the solution you're looking for is probably here.  It's just a bit different than before.  If you're following your friends then you can see their activity by going to My EX Feed and then Click on the "Following" link.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Seeing who is online is not a current feature of Jive.  They used to have an option for it but it is very resource intensive and can dramatically slow down how fast the site is.  I'll put a bug in their ear and see if they're working on a new way to show that.  There are certainly some privacy concerns around it though as some people don't necessarily want their presence known. 

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Moved this to https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/community-help?sr=search&searchId=bcc5b594-075d-43f7-83...‌ as others likely have this same question.  I also updated the title for better discoverability.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
indingrl

Thanks Sir Mark for your teaching sincerely