cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my join date wrong?

Jump to solution

Mark‌  When looking at the member directory - why do some people who joined this site years ago show a join date of today?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently looking into that.  We do have your original Join Dates on file, it's just not properly displaying on the site.  You can find your real one that you joined My Quit Plan under My Quit Info. This can now be found in your community profile under "Member since". This is the date you joined becomeanex.org and may vary differently from the day you first logged on to our previous community.

For right now it's showing the date you first logged into this new community for members who migrated and the registration date for new members who just joined us. You can see your correct join date on this page. If you were on Ning before Elgg then you probably have a Join date of 11/4/2009 because the registration dates from Ning to Elgg don't appear to have been migrated

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently looking into that.  We do have your original Join Dates on file, it's just not properly displaying on the site.  You can find your real one that you joined My Quit Plan under My Quit Info. This can now be found in your community profile under "Member since". This is the date you joined becomeanex.org and may vary differently from the day you first logged on to our previous community.

For right now it's showing the date you first logged into this new community for members who migrated and the registration date for new members who just joined us. You can see your correct join date on this page. If you were on Ning before Elgg then you probably have a Join date of 11/4/2009 because the registration dates from Ning to Elgg don't appear to have been migrated

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Not really so concerned with my join date - but trying to determine who the new members are

0 Kudos

I'm wondering the same thing with mine! 

0 Kudos

New members to the community likely have 0 followers and aren't following anyone whether they created their BecomeAnEX.org account long ago or are just creating it today. People who are have been around awhile and haven't logged-in in a while but were previously active on the community likely have some followers or are following someone. Since the move, the community account is no longer created until you join the community. It may be different from the day you join becomeanex.org though.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

So a little development on this front. Surprise, happy Friday. If you look at your "Member since" date it may now be a little more accurate to your actual join date so long as you joined after Nov 4th 2009. It's something we're testing so I can't promise will stay like this but perhaps....

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

There were some unanticipated consequences of the change so I had to revert it back to how it was before.  It negatively affected the Member Directory filters.  If they can fix that negative impact then I'll get it set back unless we can find some other fix in the interim.

You should be able to see your join date* by going to the Leaderboard. See below

JoinDate.png

*If you weren't migrated to the new community on 1/24/2017 your join date may be the day you joined the EX Community after the move. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Wondered that as well cause I joined way back in 2008 I think, site was fairly new when I found it

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Well hopefully it'll be straightened out before the second anniversary of this New platform in January, here's hoping.

0 Kudos