cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Autosave

*SEE NOTE BELOW

What a blessing autosave is!  I spent a LONG time creating a response in "What advice would you give new quitters" (can't remember the name of the question now, nor where to find it, else I'd put in an @ mention.)   and just before I pressed the 'post' button my internet went out.  I considered shooting myself in the head. lol  But when I came back to try to begin it all over again this happy little message popped up saying something to the effect "there's an autosaved version of this."  YIPPPEEEEE!  It didn't grab it all, but it sure grabbed most of it and I could put the gun away.  Thank you!  (If you look at the bottom of the message box you're posting on, you'll see the little sign that says "Your content was last auto-saved at ...."  )

NOTE:  I just learned the hard way - Autosave does NOT work if you're responding from your inbox.  So to be safe, click on the title and go to the actual conversation/blog itself.

Tags (3)
5 Replies
MarilynH

Yay for auto save and yay that you put the gun away and yay for us Exers, yay for your blog and yay for you Giulia.....

0 Kudos
RachelMB

That's an awesome new function!  Thanks for the heads-up about it.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

It should also happen for those times where you start to write something and have way too many tabs open and you somehow close the tab to the community because you are switching tabs and you can no longer see the Title for the tab you are working on.  Again it won't likely save the last word or two you typed but it should hopefully have saved something.  If you go back to the page it might try to auto-recover it.. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
bonniebee

Glad I found the blogs and glad you put the gun away Giulia ! 

How come the last time I did the ❤️  a smiley face appeared and now it doesn't ???

0 Kudos

Because at one moment we're smiling because we figured something out here, and the next we're tearing our shared hairs out!  Give them a break.  It's a HUGE move.  Things are shaky.  Not only us.  They'll figure it out.  We'll figure it out.  We'll tell them what works for us.  They'll decide what works for them.  We'll come to a detente! (look at that - I must have spelled the word right for it didn't have a red underline!  lol)

0 Kudos