cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Why is my quit day one day off?

Jump to solution

i was wondering, I was looking at my settings on my page. It has my quit date incorrect. It's only off by one day but it's important to me anyway. My quit date is September 2,2014 ( it has it as the 1st). No big deal I suppose. It also has that I joined EX just a couple days ago, but I have been a member since 2008. Finally when I selected an option to see what others see on ' my page' my email address shows up. I do not want my email address public but I cannot see where I can change that option. Help please.?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a bug with the date on the site as noted here. It unfortunately affects what your Member Since Date, your Join date, your last login date and your quit date. We've notified the provider of the community software and they're diligently working to correct it.

Your email address is only showing to you. We take privacy very seriously here on the EX Community and have ensured to keep your private information private. You can adjust your privacy settings for some fields though we have locked some to ensure you privacy. You will see that your first and last name does not get populated on the community or any other contact information you may have provided in your EX Plan Profile.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

5 Replies
meWisconsin

I too had a concern about the email address but the more I looked I noticed that only I could see the email address and no one else. But I did notice this morning I had 64 emails from this site so I went to my page and then to Preferences and checked the "No" boxes so it doesn't sent a email every time I am mentioned in EX. Hopefully this helps you.

Terry 

Mandolinrain

Thanks Terry, hey one other question. I just sat and wrote out a rather long post for discussions, but now I can't find it even though it said it was posted? I'm a little lost in here. Not sure where to go when I just wanna blog and read other blogs like the last site. Ugh 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a bug with the date on the site as noted here. It unfortunately affects what your Member Since Date, your Join date, your last login date and your quit date. We've notified the provider of the community software and they're diligently working to correct it.

Your email address is only showing to you. We take privacy very seriously here on the EX Community and have ensured to keep your private information private. You can adjust your privacy settings for some fields though we have locked some to ensure you privacy. You will see that your first and last name does not get populated on the community or any other contact information you may have provided in your EX Plan Profile.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Mandolinrain

Thank you Mark 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

A couple developments since last Friday.

1. Now when you go to the Privacy Settings in the right column there is a Preview your Profile option. When you select Registered user it now correctly shows what other users will actually see. Previously it implied it showed your email address to other users though it really didn't.

2. On your profile you'll see a member since date of when you joined the EX Community, Previously it showed the first time you logged on this new community which was 1/24/2017 and after for everyone. For the people who joined in 2008 and who were migrated over to the previous community there apparently were some issues with migrating users prior to November 7th 2009 so there are a mass of people who joined before that day that may have a "Member Since" date Between November 4th-7th 2009 though their actual date is earlier.  Unfortunately we can't fix that. Perhaps some day we can can show the date you joined BecomeAnEX.org

3. The quit date on your hovercard(pop-up when you hold mouse over a username) is still off by one day.  Hopefully in the next update to the site they'll be able to fix that.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team