Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RachelMB

Notifications Settings

Jump to solution

Hi all-

I'm noticing that I have so many notifications (the little white bell next to my avatar).  I'm trying to keep up with them all, but it is getting overwhelming.   If I stop following people will that mean they can't email me or send me a message?  I don't want to do that either.  Any help would be great.  Thanks much-

Rachel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scha

As things are configured at the moment, you do have to be following each other to be able to send each other messages, so I suggest not "unfollowing" anyone that you want to keep in contact with.

But your Inbox view setting is adjustable! If you only want to see certain types of notifications, you can click the "filter" button when you're in your inbox and then select what you want to see - that way you won't miss any direct messages someone sent you in the midst of all your other notifications.

pastedImage_1.png

MarilynH‌ We totally hear you on how overwhelming the email notifications can be. These can be adjusted by clicking on "Preference" from the arrow next to your avatar at the top right corner and changing what types of emails/how often you want to get emailed. More info can be found here: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1076-turning-emailtext-notifications-on-and-off 

Hope that is helpful!

~ Sarah, EX Team

View solution in original post

15 Replies
MarilynH

I've been totally overwhelmed by hundreds of Emails too which is crazy, there's got to be away to go back to some kind of normalcy! 

0 Kudos
scha

As things are configured at the moment, you do have to be following each other to be able to send each other messages, so I suggest not "unfollowing" anyone that you want to keep in contact with.

But your Inbox view setting is adjustable! If you only want to see certain types of notifications, you can click the "filter" button when you're in your inbox and then select what you want to see - that way you won't miss any direct messages someone sent you in the midst of all your other notifications.

pastedImage_1.png

MarilynH‌ We totally hear you on how overwhelming the email notifications can be. These can be adjusted by clicking on "Preference" from the arrow next to your avatar at the top right corner and changing what types of emails/how often you want to get emailed. More info can be found here: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1076-turning-emailtext-notifications-on-and-off 

Hope that is helpful!

~ Sarah, EX Team

MarilynH

Isn't there another way to deal with the overwhelming amount of Emails instead of turning off the notifications because I thought I read that you shouldn't turn it off or maybe I'm dreaming! 

0 Kudos
RachelMB

Thank you! Being able to have a filter wiLloyd help. 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Ididn't think it was a good idea to turn the notifications off to the Emails in case I actually miss out on something important! 

0 Kudos
scha

You can customize "when" you receive emails without turning all notification off - I still see all the notifications in my Inbox on the site so that I know when someone has responded after I posted something, but only set my email notification to send an email if I receive a specific @ mention - that way the emails don't get too overwhelming. I suggest adjusting the setting to fit what you prefer (be able to get notified about things you care the most about without getting hundreds of emails a day).

~ Sarah, EX Team

MarilynH

Thank you, I appreciate your quick response enjoy the rest of your evening scha.....

ShawnP

Haha you should see. I took a break at work and going through 196 of them!!! I thought I changed the right setting but apparently not. Lol

RachelMB

It's crazy I know!  I started using the filter and just look at the messages only. 

0 Kudos