cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ShawnP

Following and inbox options

Jump to solution

As I am naviagating the site, i am seeing options to follow with also a box to check inbox too. What is the difference? Markscha

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

So if you are following something it will appear in your My EX Feed.  If you choose the option for inbox you will get a notification for the content you're following, be it a person or place.  In your preferences you can choose also to get an email notification as well or just on-site.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

So if you are following something it will appear in your My EX Feed.  If you choose the option for inbox you will get a notification for the content you're following, be it a person or place.  In your preferences you can choose also to get an email notification as well or just on-site.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
ShawnP

I see that friends are automatic default for both boxes being checked. I already adjusted my notification settings and wondered why i still had loads. Now I just unchecked all the inboxes but a few. It seems to be quiet now so i am not sure if its just night time or i conquered the problem. Really though, only following should just be checked. Then it should be our option to add the other check mark. What happens when i person has hundreds of friends?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well anything that had been sent before you changed those settings would still be in effect so it wouldn't stop delivering email or things to your inbox until you unchecked the Inbox option under Following.  If you want to turn off email as well you need to go to Turning Email/Text Notifications On and Off‌ to adjust your settings.  If Inbox is off for someone you are following then you won't get an email for them, you'll only see their stuff showing up on My EX Feed.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team