cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mdmd4448

where do we find inbox mail and message board?

Jump to solution

where do we find what used to be "inbox" and "message board" on our "page"

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your Direct Message Inbox can be found here.

Your inbox with all notifications can be found near the top right of all pages.  There is a little white bell in a maroon box with the number of unread notifications.  

Message Boards comments will be migrated at a later date.  Currently we are working on that.  There won't be a message board option though.  It will be a little different functionality but you will still be able to How To Use The @mention‌ to essentially send a public message to the person.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

14 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your Direct Message Inbox can be found here.

Your inbox with all notifications can be found near the top right of all pages.  There is a little white bell in a maroon box with the number of unread notifications.  

Message Boards comments will be migrated at a later date.  Currently we are working on that.  There won't be a message board option though.  It will be a little different functionality but you will still be able to How To Use The @mention‌ to essentially send a public message to the person.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

Really, REALLY (yes, I'm shouting!  lol) important for us to be able to communicate one on one without having to "friend/follow" each other.  In order for me to leave you a message for example (that everyone can see, which is sometimes a good idea), I have to what?  Find a reply of yours to respond to, or use an @Mark which for some reason doesn't work on my computer in my operation system (Windows 7) on Firefox or ??? what?  Or I have to start a discussion/conversation/blog in order to say Hi Mark, glad you had a good day today!  And if we have certain things turned off in our reply area....

Although the options for communications have increased, the one option that was very important for the "intimate" kinds of connections that made this place special is gone.  Those little personal messages that were left on our message boards told us people were thinking of us and cared about us. 

MarilynH

I agree with you Giulia 100 %

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback Giulia‌.  Other people are able to mention me.  Please try typing @m and then @ma and then @mar and then @mark to see if it suggests me at all as you type.  It should keep refining the results as you type. Other people have mentioned me so it's not as if it is the known problem where if you have an underscore in your username it won't likely work.  Well except for crazymama_Lori‌ for some reason works for me but everyone else with an underscore I have to manually tag them.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oddly i tried @ex and I came up on the list but I also came up on the list when I put in @mark and expanded to the next five...

I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can make sense of what is happening.

If all else fails you can do this...

Click the Insert link button then type in /people/Mark in the URL field and Mark in the Text to Display field and it will get to me.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
c2q

Mark, the only way I can get to you, unless I go find your avatar and copy the link, is to type @ex

FindingMark.jpg

Typing @m does not open the dialogue box. Typing @ma, @mar or @mark does not get to you.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're having it looked into.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
jazzy3

Thank you  very much

0 Kudos