cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

susan_m

Logging out....

Jump to solution

Is anyone else having issues with the system logging you out when you are navigating between pages?  Mark‌, is it possible to remain logged in, even after closing the browser, as with the old platform?

Thanks!

Susan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Profile-avatar-logout.png

Is anyone else having issues with the system logging you out when you are navigating between pages?  Mark, is it possible to remain logged in, even after closing the browser, as with the old platform?

Thanks!

Susan

Click your avatar and there is a drop-down with the option to log out at the bottom of the pop-up menu.  

If you have saved your login information in your browser it may log you in when you return to the site.  We don't have a remember me option on the login page.  Hen you say closing the browser do you just mean a tab for becomeanex.org or excommunity.becomeanex.org or do you mean closing all browser windows?  If you just close the tab there may be a cookie in the background that will keep you logged in for that session.  So you should still remain logged in in some cases.

christine_aka_legend

Sounds like your browser has saved your login information.

cheyenne7

Yes please pay attention next time so you can give more details so we can determine if something is wrong or it is working as expected.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Legend

I thought I was logged out and when I got back to this site I was logged in still and I know I logged out so that is freaky. The opposite is happening to me. I do get into more than one browser on this site so I can go back and forth but I know I logged out of both browsers and still I am logged in still. I use google chrome on my computer.

cheyenne7

This also happened to me twice trying to write a question.....but when I moved to a different area to write, I wasn't logged out.  Unfortunately, I can't give exact details as to where I was and moved too.....I'm just trying things out all over the site...

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Profile-avatar-logout.png

Is anyone else having issues with the system logging you out when you are navigating between pages?  Mark, is it possible to remain logged in, even after closing the browser, as with the old platform?

Thanks!

Susan

Click your avatar and there is a drop-down with the option to log out at the bottom of the pop-up menu.  

If you have saved your login information in your browser it may log you in when you return to the site.  We don't have a remember me option on the login page.  Hen you say closing the browser do you just mean a tab for becomeanex.org or excommunity.becomeanex.org or do you mean closing all browser windows?  If you just close the tab there may be a cookie in the background that will keep you logged in for that session.  So you should still remain logged in in some cases.

christine_aka_legend

Sounds like your browser has saved your login information.

cheyenne7

Yes please pay attention next time so you can give more details so we can determine if something is wrong or it is working as expected.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
cheyenne7

ok

0 Kudos
Legend

Mark that might be what is going on my browser saving my login info.

0 Kudos