cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ShawnP

Mobile app

Jump to solution

I read somewhere about the jive app. Is this the mobile app for Ex or do we not have one yet? I did download jive but no clue of how to use it after i put our address in it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EXProductMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

ShawnP‌, susan_n is right that the new Community is indeed much more mobile-friendly! On your mobile device, the Community is really well-optimized for iPhone and Android.

Going to the website on your phone will give you the best experience (better than the Jive mobile app, which is designed for Communities that don't have a companion website like BecomeAnEX). 

Megan, Product Lead for EX

View solution in original post

7 Replies
susan_m

Good morning, Shawn!  I don't know about the app, but have found an easier way to navigate this site on my mobile device.  When you are logged in, go to page settings (top right corner of my Android phone has three vertical dots....that's where I find my settings) - check the box for "request desktop site".  Not sure about Apple products - will research and reply asap.  

Hope this helps!

Susan

EXProductMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

ShawnP‌, susan_n is right that the new Community is indeed much more mobile-friendly! On your mobile device, the Community is really well-optimized for iPhone and Android.

Going to the website on your phone will give you the best experience (better than the Jive mobile app, which is designed for Communities that don't have a companion website like BecomeAnEX). 

Megan, Product Lead for EX
ShawnP

This is how I see it from my android.. are you referring to the 3 vertical lines on left side? I don't see dots on right. Going to give u screenshot if I can. 

0 Kudos
susan_m

Yes - three dots on the right.  When you click them, it will open a drop down menu.  Make sure that the desktop site is checked.

desktop.png

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

ShawnP‌ Currently the Mobile App for Jive is focused on communities for collaboration within businesses.  The mobile responsive version of the site is more user friendly though there are some things aren't available on mobile that are available on desktop.  As Susan_m suggests you can force your browser to show the Desktop version of the website though it will be a lot of pinching and zooming.  Also you can use Reply by Email to respond to things without leaving your inbox.  

If you have an iPhone there is a setting in Safari Browser for requesting the desktop version of the site much like Google Chrome.  I'll see if I can capture the directions for that.  

If you are using a tablet on the site you may see the desktop version of the site if you have it in landscape mode.  If you have it in portrait it may show in a two column format instead.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Kbloodless

Did you find those safari instructions?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

186A77CA-59BB-4CF0-927F-326008F5C1A7.png 

Here you see I pushed the three vertical dots in Safari in upper right and the menu appeared.  Then you can click Request Desktop Site.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos