EX_Team
Community Manager
Community Manager

I want to help you!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You've created a discussion. You can even mention places like Celebrations & EventsJanuary Quitters

shashortGiuliac2qJennifer_Quit_05-01-14

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

I got no notification (on the red bell?) that you had put an at @ for me, Mark.  Isn't that where we're supposed to see such notifications?  And what's the difference between using the at symbol and clicking the reply button on someone's reply?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia wrote:

I got no notification (on the red bell?) that you had put an at @ for me, Mark.  Isn't that where we're supposed to see such notifications?  And what's the difference between using the at symbol and clicking the reply button on someone's reply?

Above you see where I have clicked reply so it shows me as a response to you and I have clicked the Quote button above and it brought your post into my reply.  You will receive a notification for this message in your email and an inbox notification.  

If I @mention you Giulia‌ then you'll get a second notification.  This is great for discussions where you aren't yet involved in but where someone will try to get your attention and include you.  

I definitely recommend if you are replying to someone that you use the Quote functionality and the reply button on their reply so people have the context to your response.  If you are replying to the original post click the button for "reply to original discussion" so that the original author knows you're responding to them.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

Mark wrote:

I definitely recommend if you are replying to someone that you use the Quote functionality and the reply button on their reply so people have the context to your response.  If you are replying to the original post click the button for "reply to original discussion" so that the original author knows you're responding to them.

Aha!  So the quote button actually automatically brings the prior post into it?  Wow.  Interesting. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia wrote:

Mark wrote:

Aha!  So the quote button actually automatically brings the prior post into it?  Wow.  Interesting. 

Yes it brings whichever one you're replying to.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos