Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

EX_Team
Community Manager
Community Manager

Who do you most admire?

It could be someone in your life, a public figure, someone else here on EX! 

Share with us who you admire and what they do to inspire you.

14 Replies
Sootie

It's the "MOST" that makes this a difficult question to answer. I do not have one person I admire.

I admire my Dad for his overall feeling of confidence in how you should proceed through life. No wishy washy stuff from my Dad.

I admire my Mom for her ability to unconditionally love.......no questions asked.

I admire my daughter for seeing most of the things life has thrown at her as gifts and not challenges.

I admire my son for his happy go lucky attitude about problems.

I admire my husband for his choice of a wife  : ) just wanted to see if you were still listening!!!

Dakota_Posse

Your hubby is a very lucky guy:)    

Love you Kiddo! 

Cindy 

0 Kudos
Giulia

I admire those who take the time out of their day to be on this site helping others.

I admire people who are to quit and maintain their quits under extreme duress like Elvan and Shashort and Kelly and all the people I've grown to know and love over these past 9 years on this site.  There is no "Most."  They are all MOST in my book of admiration.

I guess, though, bottom line, I would have to say I admire God most of all.  I have no idea what it is - that entity, that thought matter, that Love, but I do believe it created all that is and was and will be. 

And as to what they do to inspire me?  They offer themselves - their strength, their weakness, their time, their love, their failings, their successes, their hope, their fear, their suffering -  their beautiful unique selves.  Which show me I'm not alone.   And I admire God for it's imagination.

bonniebee

I love your answer Giulia ! Beautiful !

0 Kudos
elvan

I admire people who are not afraid to take chances, people who go forward and find good in sadness, I admire people with exceptional senses of humor.  I absolutely admire people who give to others.  There is no ONE person I admire most and I am sure I am missing many,

Pops

A "greek slave named Aesop" who was born in was born in 620 BC, and died 56 years later i 564 BC.  I have read so many of his fables and tried so many times to imagine that I had the knowledge and strength to live the way that he depicted.  I think that he was most likely the earliest and most influential being in my entire lifetime.  I know, I know...it sounds crazy, or out of the box...but that's what you get when you ask a crazy old biker for his opinion...lol.

Pops

Wanda45

I can't name just one, however I do admire and respect the EX Team and what they do for this community.  The Elders who have stuck with all of us through thick and thin.  There are so many members who helped me on my first quit, and who are still here helping others.  Leading us through "no man's land" holding our hands.  

Violet_Quit

I Admire everyone on the EX Team and all the elders. I Admire my Father and Mother of course who taught us right from wrong and much more.and  I admire YOU whoever is taking the time to read this right now.

elvan

I cannot pick one person, I admire many people living and dead and to have to name one is impossible, for me.  

0 Kudos