cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

How many times have you tried quitting in the past?

Jump to solution

Most of us have had several attempts at quitting.  I'm convinced that the reason this quit has lasted is because of support and education.  What do you think? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
c2q

Three times for me. My first attempt, cold turkey, lasted only a few days. The second time I quit, I read a book and had a good, strong plan. I stayed quit for almost a year. But I was denying myself a smoke nearly every minute. When personal tragedy hit, it was almost a relief to reach for my cigarettes and say, "look what you made me do." Years later, I knew I needed more than just a plan to quit. I found the EX community. I read again about my addiction. I dusted off my quit kit. And I stayed connected to EX. I don't know if I could have quit smoking for good without this site. But I did quit, no matter what, with the help and support I found here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
c2q

Three times for me. My first attempt, cold turkey, lasted only a few days. The second time I quit, I read a book and had a good, strong plan. I stayed quit for almost a year. But I was denying myself a smoke nearly every minute. When personal tragedy hit, it was almost a relief to reach for my cigarettes and say, "look what you made me do." Years later, I knew I needed more than just a plan to quit. I found the EX community. I read again about my addiction. I dusted off my quit kit. And I stayed connected to EX. I don't know if I could have quit smoking for good without this site. But I did quit, no matter what, with the help and support I found here.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

you got this!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

too many times to count!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great to know that you attribute your success with this quit to support and education Giulia‌.  How about for you c2q‌?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
c2q

Hi Mark. I'm happily cruising around learning the new EX. I learned that I could edit my original one word reply, "nice" by clicking that little blue actions button. So I expanded my answer a bit. What a great feature! 

ShawnP

I lost track of how many times that i have tried. Some of the times I would only quit a few hours. There was one time i quit for a year. It was finding this site that has changed my life. 4 plus years and counting.

fentresssa

I've tried to quit 7 times and this is my 8th attempt.  This time I feel like it is going to work.  I don't think it matters how many times you try to quit as long as you keep trying you will be successful.

TerrieQuit

I have tried 3 times. once for 5 days. Then bought zonnic gum fruit flavor. There was a becomeanex.com paper in the box. I came here signed up, set the 2 weeks quit date and with the education, support, willingness, determination and suggestions from Elders I quit for 519 days and I smoked 50 cigarettes in less than 24 hours. I came back the next morning and was honest, reset my quit clock and begun again! Today I celebrate 50 DOF thanks to EX! Couldn't a done it without ya!  ~Terrie~

I did it one time but I had good instincts in the way I prepared. My first two weeks I played guitar 10 hours a day.

When I got off the patch the second week was when I joined a site. It was a great site. I wasn't working  so I had a lot of time on there. Very learned elders who could answer all my questions, and, I had a lot.