cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

missy8

I'm sorry, but I have to say this outloud...

OK seriously, one of my instructors for a class I took was talking about Haight and Ashbury...for all of us trippers who are high on life we know the Grateful Dead lived there, right?! OK, so this instructor was talking about how a lot of people would go there to buy drugs...yah...well I mentioned that people also knew about it cuz the band lived there, She had no clue what I was talking about and brushed it off like it was no big deal. The woman claimed to be somewhat of a hippie back in the day, so why wouldn't she know about the significance of the Dead and Haight and Ashbury? I mean, I know I am only 31 (well 32 in 11 days) but I have loved the Dead for a long time and am relatively knowledgeable on them, and am i wrong when I say that people used to go to that street to see the Dead, or at least where they lived (maybe not necessarily when they lived there and were just getting started)? I don't know, but I thought she was damn nutty for blowing it off like "yah whatever, Grateful Dead woohoo". Any thoughts guys?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
zeke

The Grateful Dead lived at 710 Ashbury for two years, from 1966 to 1968. Those two years included the famous drug bust in 1967 and, of course, the Summer of Love.
0 Kudos
missy8

and she called herself a hippie? I was almost embarrassed...for her!
0 Kudos
missy8

LOL I was what we all referred to as a yuppie hippie of my day. When i was in college and we all listened to the dead, went to shows, sat around and all that, i was a hippie chick... but i showered and shaved (that's where the yuppie came in). And now I am so pissed because someone stole my Grateful Dead tie dye shirt and my Phish shirts from all the shows I went too. Not cool!!! I am pointing fingers in the direction of my brother and/or sister...hmmmmm
0 Kudos
jennie3

Leave it to Zeke to have great pics
0 Kudos
missy8

i know! i would add some too but i can't seem to figure out how! I've been tryin to post some scarlet begonias and it ain't happenin! 😞
0 Kudos
barbara42

OH LORD THE MEMORIES!,
i WAS 16 THE YEAR OF 68, WHAT A TIME THAT WAS. If she was a true hippie, she would have known about the DEAD and probably could have told you a lot of things PEACE!
0 Kudos
missy8

yah you know i have jerry garcia's biography, i've seen the Dead, I know a heck of a lot about them (even though it was in the early 90's), and for her to act as if she had noclue what i was talking about...that's just whack!
0 Kudos
barbara42

she just does not want to give her age away ha! ha!
0 Kudos
jennie3

or does not want to admit kinda like a dark secret
0 Kudos