kellie3

Anger and new physical changes

Discussion created by kellie3 on Oct 16, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2009 by luvsroses_barb
I have been struggling with anger, depression. I am not even sure if it is depression, I can usually have a "chat" with myself and talk myself out of the "funk" mood. However the anger is very much real and I need to let it go somehow.

I am lashing out at those around me. I don't even realize that I am doing it. They are gently telling me I need to lighten up a bit. It just seems to come out of nowhere.

I have noticed the last month or so when I eat I find it hard to breath. I don't eat fast, or even large amounts. I also have had burning. Terrible heart burn, even without eating anything spicy.
I went shopping for bra's last week and to my surprise I couldn't fit into my regular bra size. Not Even Close! I ended up not buying any until I could figure out what is going on? Honestly I went up 2 sizes and still could not fit "around" me.

I started looking around online and found these 2 articles... (has anyone else experienced this problem?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From "personal experiences" of the LVRS website.
http://www.emphysema.net/lvrs.html

I had become very "barrel-chested" and having to wear "bra extenders". Within two days of the surgery, my rib cage had decreased enough that I could feel a difference. By the time I was able to wear a bra, I no longer needed the "extenders". Before the surgery, my lungs were so hyperinflated, eating an apple would fill me up to the point that I was uncomfortable and having difficulty breathing. After I got out of the hospital, we went out to eat and I had a hamberger and fries and desert!!!! And I COULD BREATHE!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.emphysema.net/patient_stories.htm#Ken_Scott1

Physical Changes: Your lungs become over-inflated and enlarged, making breathing even harder. The pressure from the enlarged lungs presses outward on the rib cage, causing continuous soreness and pain, called the 'Barrel Chested' look.
The lungs press downward on the diaphragm causing it to be flattened, instead of dome shaped; preventing it's helping you breathe. This puts continuous pressure on your stomach, digestive tract and bladder also making breathing difficult. You now have the 'Pot Belly' look. You learn from support groups and rehab how to breathe using your chest muscles, called diaphragmatic breathing (if your lucky enough to have access to these aids). If you have to take steroids to help your lungs, everything changes. Steroids are the bad drug-good drug medicine. While helping your lungs it is taking it's toll on the rest of your body; bones, skin, kidneys and adrenal glands to name a few. It also gives you a rounded puffy face called 'Moon Faced' and the list goes on. Some COPD patients develop congestive heart failure. That pretty much explains itself.

Outcomes