cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

_k_7

I Want to Quit for my Kids!!!

hello, im 30 yrs old and a mother of 3 gorgeous boys, and all i want to do half the
time is light up, i came here for help cause i don't want to die young from cigarettes, i have quit once for almost 2 years straight and one day said ok ill try a cig and wont smoke again, yeah right its been a year since i started smoking again Now i cant quit PLEASE HELP!!!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
angeliah75

I was the same way... I have 2 children, single mom... my 9 year old son cried one night asking me not to die so he didnt have to go live with his dad. Thats when i decided to quit. Ive been smoking since i was 14...im 33 now. I talked to my primary care doctor and she prescribed CHANTIX for me. My insurance didnt want to cover it but since i've already tried 6 other methods of quitting and i have chronic bronchitis they ended up approving it.

Im only on day 8 of the pill (which is my FIRST day smoke free) and honestly, my cravings arnt that bad. I couldnt imagine my life without cigarettes a week ago.... now i went all day without ONE. I smoked about a pack a day. The chantix i think works wonders.... if your ready to quit. There is a group on my page i belong to called "chantix-ers" if you look it up it may give you more info, or www.chantix.com. It really helps. Only bad thing is i want to sleep alot. But thats a small price to pay ya know.

Good luck to you 🙂 im here if you need help, support, or have questions. YOU can do it..... dont look at the FUTURE ----- Look at TODAY. Make it thru TODAY smoke free....

hugs,
Emily 🙂
0 Kudos
jennifer68

You can do it. My boys have been begging me to quit and my response was I will soon. Well I will soon never came. 9 nights ago my little guy asked me if i would be alive when he was older and I said of course I will, LIE. Not if I keep smoking. Well anyway, that night I was up all night crying about what he asked me and I decided that I will soon was I will NOW. It has been 9 days for me, some days have been down right awful but I keep telling myself over and over that quitting smoking is extremely hard but it would be harder to have to say goodbye to my children because I didnt quit and let smoking kill me. Mind over matter. We are women, we are strong, You and I can do anything for the love of our children. We have all proved that one way or another since we became moms. So prove it to yourself with this, YOU CAN QUIT SMOKING, WE ALL CAN. Best of luck to us moms.
0 Kudos
tina40

well k, your def. not the only one with this issue. i can relate! i smoked for 4 years then got pregos so i quit said i would never smoke again and what do you know i started again after i had him i had stopped for about a year. this time around im not pregos, and just wanna quit because its gross! costs too much money! and i would like to have another lil one shortly and be healthy! i just feel different this time knowing that im quitting because i want to not because i have to.
~Tina!
0 Kudos