kellie3

Diagnosed with Severe Emphysema

Discussion created by kellie3 on Jul 24, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2009 by luvsroses_barb
Hi,
I am new to this group. I have to admit, it's one group I would rather not have a memebrship to.

I was just diagnosed with Severe Emphysema. Like usual, the doctors nurse called to tell me the resuls of the pulmonary function test. So, I haven't spoken to the pulomonolgist yet.

I have a really bad habit of not hearing what the doctors say anyway. As soon as I hear the first of any bad news I lose my hearing! I always think I will take a recorder with me so I can play it back. My husband tells me he will go with me, but I always have an excuse why he shouldn't go. For some reason he is the one person I want to keep out of the doctors office. I suppose it's because I want to have him look at me like the woman he married and not like some aging woman who is now struggling for breath! Ughh!

Anyway, I have so many questions that I am sure can't be answered until I see the doctor. I want to know if this gets better? I want to know so many damn things.

Mostly I just want to SCREAM and Cry and Run from this!!! I cannot believe I did this to me! I cannot believe it has come to this point before I even had my 50th birthday. I am just so angry!

Well.... not much of an introduction to me. Sorry for that!
I am totally new to this newest part of my life. I am not sure what to expect. I suppose I will find out at my next doctors appointment.

Outcomes