cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jessica46

Looking for a quit buddy/

So I quit today. I am looking for a quit buddy. I want to find someone that has quit in the past week, so our dates are within a few days of each other, so we can go through "hell week" together! I am using nicotine gum to quit, so that has to be okay with my buddy, although I am only planning on using it for 3 days at the most. I hope to find you soon! -Jessica
Tags (1)
8 Replies
Denise1961

Hi Jessica,

I’m on day 6 and today might as well be Friday the 13th. I would like to find a quit buddy who has the same month that I do. It would be beneficial to talk to and help someone during this quitting goal!  

Thanks,

Denise1961

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Denise1961 wrote:

Hi Jessica,

I’m on day 6 and today might as well be Friday the 13th. I would like to find a quit buddy who has the same month that I do. It would be beneficial to talk to and help someone during this quitting goal!  

Thanks,

Denise1961

Welcome!  You can see people with quit dates in January 2020 by going the link. Don't under estimate the value of those who have already gone through the quit process and who are strong in their quits.  Use all available resources to you

Unfortunately @jessica46 has been inactive for awhile as this post is from 2009 but others on the site will see this.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Denise1961

Mark,

Thank you for pointing that out!  

Denise1961

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hey Denise, we're all your quit buddies here.  I quit in March, but the month the day - doesn't really matter.  You've got six amazing smoke free days under your belt and tomorrow you'll have a whole week smoke free. That's like phenomenal!  And the fact that I quit over 13 years ago, doesn't make my quit any more distant from yours because we're as close as this addiction.  That probably won't make sense to you after only a week quit, but I hope you'll get to the point of understanding that addiction is (after the physical part is over), really is an emotional response to a trigger.  And the difference between your response and mine is just time and experience.  

You're doing great.  Hang onto it.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.   We're all here for you.  Congrats on 8 days now?

Barb

Denise1961

Hello Barbscloud,

Yes Day 8. I feel like its been a hell week for sure. My poor husband! We never argue and we argued almost all of this past week. Finally he gently reminded me and said, “I am not the enemy”.  I suddenly had the lightbulb above head moment and realized how hard it’s been for him as well because he is also quitting.  

Thank You,

Denise1961

Barbscloud

It is normal for us to be a bit unpleasant at first.  Hopefully, he'll understand.  Wow, he's quitting also.   That's fabulous.  Congrats to you both. 

How is it going?

Barb

MarilynH

Welcome to the community Denise1961 please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT boy oh boy it's so worth it to be Free and we're all here to help you in any way we can you can do this quit believe it deep breaths and tonight you'll be saying YAY for another DAY WON with many more to come.....